18 LOUI

Today was a sunny day and for once it was actually warmo utside, so Jyll, Miyu, Amara, Jamil, Micah and I decided to go to the lake.

They all wanted to go swimming, but I remained fully dressed, of course.

I would have loved to jump into the water right now, but heyyy a cat tail made that impossible. Thanks, nature.

We put our towels on the beach and lay down. Jyll had brought some snacks that we ate and Miyu asked Jamil to put sunscreen on her back, so he sat on her ass and took the sunscreen in his hands.

Micah started chasing around a giggling Amara. He finally caught her and threw her over his shoulder, carrying her around while she screamed and laughed hysterically.

Jamil and I watched them with disapproving faces, until Miyu asked: "Hey, Jamil, why did you stop?"

He still had the sunscreen in his hands, but was too distracted by Micah and his sister.

Jyll laughed: "Omg, both of you look so funny staring and Micah and Amara!"

Jamil scoffed: "She's my sister and he's my bestfriend, I don't like them doing ... that."

Jyll coughed: "Yeah, uhuh."

And I avoided Jamil's eyes, thinking about all the other stuff that Amara and Micah did behind his back.

"What's that supposed to mean?", Jamil narrowed his eyes, but Jyll quickly changed the topic and asked me: "And you, Loui? Jealous?"

I felt my face heat up: "No?"

Jyll laughed again: "I don't believe you."

"Hey", Jamil turned to me, "You can have him, at least he'll leave Amara alone, then."

I crossed my arms over my chest: "I never said that I want him!"

"You don't have to say it", Jyll grinned."It's obvious."

Suddenly I was concerned: "Really?"

All of them started laughing at me and I pouted, until Micah and Amara came back to us.

"Let's go swimming now", Amara jumped up and down like a little kid.

Everyone stood up getting ready, only I stayed where I was.

"Aren't you coming?", Micah asked me and I shook my head: "No."

"Why? It's too hot here."

"Um ... my skin is too sensitive, I'll get burned", I lied and Micah sighed: "That's sad ... well, um, see you later, then."

He waved quickly and then joined the others, who were already jumping into the lake.

I was left alone and watched my friends for a while, then I lay back and stared at the clouds.

Suddenly a shadow appeared over me and I sat up to find Gavin standing next to me.

"Hey", he smiled. "Mind if I join you?"

"Go ahead", I said and pointed at the other towels next to me. He sat down and noticed my friends laughing in the water.

"Why aren't you swimming?", he asked and I shrugged: "The sun."

He nodded and after a while, he suggested: "Let's go somewhere else, then."

I hesitated at first, but it did not look like the others would come back so soon, so I decided to go with Gavin.