46 MICAH

A few days later, I took Loui to the forest.

"Where are we even going?", Loui asked for what felt like the hundredth time and I rolled my eyes: "I'm still not telling you."

"But that's meeean", he whined and I replied: "Hey, you kept that secret from me for so long, let me have mine for at least a few more minutes."

Loui suddenly looked sad and mumbled: "I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you ..."

"It's fine", I said. "I understand that you were scared and I'm glad that you eventually trusted me. But now take that beanie off, no one is here!"

"I'll just wait 'til we're there ...", Loui said and I sighed. He was still being so insecure.

"Fine", I stopped in front of a big oak tree. "We're here."

"What?", Loui blurted out, sounding very intelligent.

I pointed up the tree and Loui frowned: "Remember what happened the last time I climbed up a tree?"

My smile faded and I immediatly felt angry thinking about it: "Yes, I do and I still have to kill this idiot Gavin for it. AND he left you alone, drunk at that club. You could've died!"

"Woah", Loui interrupted me. "Don't be so dramatic, it wasn't that bad ..."

I gave him that look and he rolled his eyes: "But Gavin is a nice guy, please forgive him so we can all be friends."

"I don't want to be friends with him", I grumbled and then added: "And I'd rather you weren't friends with him either ..."

"But now there's no reason to be jealous anymore! You know my secret and I know that I can trust you aaaand he's dating someone now."

"Hmm, still don't like him ...", I pouted, "and you two did more sex stuff than we ever did and ..."

"Then we need to change that as soon as possible", he suddenly said and surprised me. I definitely did not expect that ...

I smirked at him and he blushed and looked at the tree again. He cleared his throat and then asked: "So what was your plan?"

"Just get up there", I smiled. "I'm coming after you, so you can't fall. There are so many big branches here, it's easy to climb up.

"Okay", Loui hesitantly agreed. "But if I break my leg, I'm blaming you!"

"Fine", I laughed and we finally got up the tree.

Loui eventually stopped and when I stood on a branch next to him, I saw how stunned he was. "Micah, what is this?", he turned to me and I felt myself blush. No no no, blushing was his job, not mine.

"Well, a lot of families come to the lake during the holidays and some must have built this treehouse and I found it a while ago ... and you told me that as a child your favourite place was a treehouse so I thought maybe you'd like to have one again-"

He interrupted me by throwing his arms around my neck and kissing me passionately. I put my arms around him and pulled him closer, but then I stopped: "Don't you wanna go inside?"

I let Loui open the door. Inside there were blankets and pillows and some snacks on the floor and Loui gasped: "Wow, you did this?"

"Yes", I scratched the back of my head and blushed again.

Loui looked me in the eyes and all I could think about was how beautiful they were.

"I love you", he said and it felt like the butterflies in my tummy turned into fireworks.

"I love you too", I replied and we just stood there, looking at each other for a while, and I swear, I could not think of anything that could make this moment more perfect.

But then he said: "Sooooo .... about the sex stuff ...?"