44 MICAH

Why the hell was Loui in a gay club?! And I had always thought he did not drink that much ...

After his call I had left right away and drove to the only gay club I knew around here, hoping he would be there.

I had been angry at him after our fight - and I still was - but now I was even more angry that he behaved so irresponsible. But mostly, I was worried.

I drove way faster than allowed, but I did not really care. I had to get to Loui.

When I reached the club and stopped the car, I saw a few men standing in front of the entrance, but Loui was not among them. I walked towards them, but then I noticed a body on the sidewalk.

It was Loui.

Panicking, I ran towards him and knelt down next to him. Thank God, he was still breathing!

I shook his shoulder and he let out a grunt, blinking a few times. Disorientated, he sat up and I helped him stand up completely. He could not even walk straight and he looked miserable.

"I feel sick", he muttered and I asked: "How much did you drink?"

"Not that much ... just a few drinks and then someone bought me more and I needed to get drunk so ...", he was hard to understand, so I really had to concentrate on his words.

"Wait, you needed to get drunk?", I was confused, but he did not answer. I put him in the backseat of my car and quickly drove us home.

On our way up the stairs to the dorms, he seemed to have even more trouble to walk and as soon as we reached our room, he stumbled to the bathroom and threw up. I sighed and then followed him. I put my hand on his back and sat next to him.

"You okay?", I asked, but he threw up again, so he could not answer. Stupid question anyway, of course he was not okay.

I stayed with Loui on the bathroom floor and when he was leaning against the wall instead of over the toilet, I finally asked: "What happened?"

Loui did not look at me, but eventually said: "I'm so sorry about our fight ... I felt awful and I thought, since you always go to clubs .... to be happy .... so maybe I could - maybe it would work for me too ..."

I laughed a little: "But Loui, I'm not really the best example when it comes to rational and responsible behaviour .... and you are different, you never drank much and ..."

"It did work for a while", Loui claimed. "But then I lost Gavin and-"

"Wait", I interrupted him, "You went there with Gavin?!"

"Not again please", Loui whined. "Stop it, I only love you!"

I stared at him: "You love-"

"Can you please forgive me?", he continued, he obviously had not noticed what he had just said or how surprised I was and went on: "I want to be your boyfriend, please don't break up with me ..."

"I won't break up with you", I told him.

"Really?"

"I promise."

He let out a relieved sigh, but then he threw up again.

Great.

Not really the perfect situation to talk about our relationship, but yeah ...

He continued to throw up the whole night and I stayed with him.

I just came back with a glass of water, when I saw that he had fallen on his side and lay on the ground now, half asleep.

I carefully sat him back up and then noticed his beanie had fallen off. I grabbed it and looked at him again ... and I was either drunk, too, or I was going crazy.

Because between his chocolate brown hair, there were cat ears ....