45 LOUI

I woke up with a huge headache. It felt like an elephant had used it as a trampoline all night and as I slowly sat up, the room started spinning. After a few seconds and a lot of confused blinking, I could see clearly again and found Micah sitting on his bed, watching me.

"What time is it?", I mumbled and he told me. 2pm.

"I feel like I'm dying", I said and burrowed my face in my hands. My hair felt terribly messy and ... Oh no ... I was not wearing my beanie ...

I felt all the blood drain from my face and then very slowly raised my head and looked up at Micah, who was still watching me.

"I-i ...", I stuttered, but could not talk properly.

He frowned: "Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

That's it, I thought, I had to get out of here.

I jumped off my bed, aiming for the door, but my hungover self was way slower than Micah and he slammed his hand against the door and stopped me.

By now I felt tears forming in my eyes and without looking Micah in the eyes, I begged: "Please, just let me go please ..."

Micah sighed. It did not sound angry.

"You can't go out like that, remember?", he pointed at my ears and I noticed that I had not taken the beanie with me. I covered my eyes with my hands and sank to the floor.

This was too much, I could not think properly and the rest alcohol in my blood did not really help, either.

Micah remained silent for a while, then I felt his hands on mine and he attempted to uncover my eyes, but I shrieked and quickly turned away: "Please don't."

"Loui", he said and his voice was surprisingly soft. "Would you please look at me ..."

"No", I did not move and tried to make my voice sound as if I was not crying right now.

"Listen, I'm not ...", Micah continued. "I won't ... I just need an explanation, okay? Please just be honest with me."

Why was he being so nice? Why did he not hate me? Or was disgusted?

I slowly nodded and he carefully took my hands from my eyes. I looked at him and his face was so soft and there was no sight of hate. I did not understand ...

"I guess this is your secret?", he said and I simply nodded.

"Why do you have these?", he asked and touched the cat ears. I flinched and he made a surprised face: "Oh my god, they move!"

"Of course they do", I frowned and he bit his lip: "Sorry."

Then he looked at me expectantly, so I guess it was my turn to talk and explain this to him ...

"I'm a neko", I slowly said and watched his face carefully to analyze every reaction. But he just seemed genuinely interested, so I continued: "So, part of me is human and part of me is a ...cat."

He now raised his brows: "I didn't know that was possible ..."

"No one knows about it."

"Are you the only one?", he actually seemed fascinated by this.

I shook my head: "No, there are others, but they probably keep it a secret, too ... you know, to not seem like ... a freak ..."

I looked away, feeling ashamed. He would not love me anymore, after this. It was impossible.

"Hey, you're not a freak."

I sniffed and looked at the floor.

"So you have those ears ...", Micah said and I added: "And a tail."

"What?"

Now that he knew that much, I could as well show him everything.

I took out my tail that I had been hiding in my jeans and Micah was stunned: "Woah, this is so cool!"

"Cool?"

"Can I touch it?", he suddenly asked and seemed excited.

I just raised my brows and he stuttered: "Sorry, I-i ... how does it feel? Like ... is it like touching your ..."

I scoffed: "No! It's just a tail ..."

We then looked at each other for a while and I really wished I could read his mind, I tried to analyze the look in his eyes, but I had no idea what he was thinking.

Eventually, I felt uncomfortable being watched like that. "So ... now you know ..."

And to my surprise, he smiled. "Now I know."

I was still unsure of what his reaction meant: "And now?"

"Now you don't have to hide it anymore. At least not from me."

"So you don't think I'm a freak?"

Now his face turned a bit angry and I was scared, but then he said: "Don't say that. I'd never think that. You could look like hulk and I'd still adore you."

"Yeah", I frowned. "Really sexy ..."

Micah laughed: "You know what I was trying to say."

I smiled. I actually felt so relieved, I could not believe he was actually okay with this. I had been so scared of what he might think of me if he found out, but now he still liked me!

Micah pulled me closer and hugged me and I rested my head on his shoulder and started to relax a little.

Micah started stroking my back and then playing with my hair and eventually even my ears. Until I did that stupid purr-thingy again. I could not help it ...

Micah looked at me: "Did you just-"

"No! Shut up", I interrupted him and he grinned: "This is so great!

I playfully hit him and then he kissed me.

And even though all this felt like a dream, I knew that it was real.