Chapter 17

I shift into my songstress. Okay so the only thing that happens is that my clothes change in to the gold and black dress, my hair goes into a Upside Down French Braid Bun, and my eyes change to the pink color of the sun set. Mel(ody) my songstress is ever so happy to get out. We walk to a spot and stop away from the pack house and decide this is where the border will be. Let me explain what a songstress can do. When she (or in very rare cases he) sings a few things might happen. One a border which goes from the end of the pack line on the left to the right of her, it can stop any mythical creature from going through the border behind or in front of her (her chose). Two it will cover someone like an invisible shield or wall trapping them inside, (they can still breath they just can't move). And the last reason is almost unheard of. A songstress in a battle if the side she's on isn't winning and they are losing horribly and she can't go on much longer she can sing the song of a forced forever barrier. The song for a forced forever barrier is A Drop In The Ocean. And when the forced forever barrier is put into place the songstresses body becomes the barrier, she dies for the fight. Okay so now your all caught up and the battle can begin. Oh yeah one more thing the way to keep a barrier up is to sing and in a quick fight like this you have to sing a song after the other songstress finishes or your barrier will weaken, but in a war that will last months you sing one song and it will last a hour.