Self-conscious

Tris's POV
   Tobias and I walk down the hall to the training room to meet up with our friends.  It's been about three days since we said I love you for the first time and he agreed to take it slow with me.  I'm happy he respects that. That just shows the type of man he is. 
     We enter the training room and Zeke and Uriah are full on fist fighting in the middle of a mat.  This can't turn out good for either of them.  I spot Al starring at me with hungry eyes.  I take a step closer to Tobias,  but in way that so you can't tell.  He grabs my hand.  A girl is sitting and having a conversation with Chris.
    She's pretty, but not too pretty. Tall, but not too tall.  She look Tobias and I,  her eyed skimming over me and going straight to Tobias. Of course she's going to look. Who the he'll wouldn't?
      "Hello, I'm Nita," she says introducing herself. She offers me her hand to shake which I do just out of politeness.  She moved her concentration back on Tobias.  "Why? Don't you look as good as you always do," she says flirty.  I hate when girls do this.  I'm right next to him.  They could think that I'm his little cousin with our height difference and the fact that I look like a child, but this is Dauntless and hardly everybody knows things like this. When girls do this,  it just makes me more insecure about myself than I already do. 
     "Thank you," he says awkwardly.  He squeezes my hand for reassurance.  Nita looks down and stares out our hands. 
     "I didn't know that you were in a relationship Tobias," she says.  Okay, maybe she prefers to keep to herself and didn't know.
      "Well now you know," he says.  I let go of his hand and walk to Chris. She looks at me with a nervous expression. 
      "Who is she?" Chis asks.  I shrug.  I really don't know,  all I know is that she has a thing for my boyfriend.  Chris punches my shoulder with force.  She makes a gesture with her head for me to look over at Tobias. The Nita girl is still trying to chat him up.
     He hand goes to his chest and brings it down so that's she's groping him. He takes her hand off and says something with an angry look. That just made me feel great. That's something I would never in a million years have the guts to do.
     "Wow," is all Chris can say. I would say something but I'm at a loss for words.  There are you no words to describe how I felt about that.  ----
      Tobias and I go back to our apartment and immediately lay down. On our bed.  Yes.  Ours.  He asked me to move in with him and of course I said yes. The main thing I have to get used to his waking so close to someones body. It scares me sometimes then I have to remind myself that nothing will happen. 
       I'm still staring up at the ceiling when he says,  "Are you okay?" He asks. I shrug. I shouldn't of done that;  whenever I do that he knows that I'm just trying to avoid the question. "Tell me what's wrong, Luv," he says.  I look into his eyes and can tell that he's actually concerned. 
      "Nita. I know that you're going to say that I have nothing to worry about, but I feel as if I do. I love you and don't want to lose you. Not yet at least. It's just that when girls through themselves at you it rally shows me the types of girls you could be with."
     He touches the side of my face.  "You want to know what I told Nita when she touched me?" He asks. I nod slowly, not sure if I really do want to know.  "I told her that I had a girlfriend that was beautiful and everything I could ask for and more. I told her that she doesn't stand a chance and never will, that I plan on this relationship being end game," he tells me. 
     I lean in and kiss him.  Even though that I know that I'll still feel insecure, he put me slightly at more ease.  His hand stay in my waist.  I by grab one of his hands and bring it a little higher. Hopefully this fear goes away because there will be moments where I want to do things, but my fear beats the want and lust.

AU: YAY!!  I'm kind if getting more of the hang of things now with this story. All my stories are slow in the beginning because I'm still trying to figure out how I want everything to play out with the plot.  Anyways, I'm so happy!!  I was able to go back to school today. I've been in pain for almost three weeks straight and haven't been able to technically walk.  Today I was able to and it felt good to get around.  I just hope that this lasts.  (PS. It hurts because I have something wrong with my side. Not gonna say what is wrong with it.) Please comment your thoughts and ideas for later chapters.  Be brave 🔪🔪🔪-Veah