Kids

Tobias's POV
     Tris is getting held back at the parlor today but I said that I would still watch Rose for Chris. I've never been around kids, so this is terrifying.  But, I gotta get in practice.
     The door opens and Chris comes in with a little girl that looks somewhat like her. She stays shyly beside Chris. "Rose, this is Four. Be will be watching you and when my best friend, his girlfriend, Tris, gets here she'll help him." Chris nods once at me them turns out the door, closing it behind her. 
      Rose sits down on the couch next to me.  "You have nice eyes," she says. I smile at her. That statement just reminded me of something Tris would say. 
    "Thank you. You are very pretty," I say,  returning a compliment like I was taught to in Abnegation by my good for nothing father.
    "Thank you," Rose replies.  This is kid is certainly not candor.
    "So, what do you want to do? We could watch TV, if your hungry I could make you something, or we could go the park?" Her eyes brighten at the mention if a park.
     "Park please," she says.  She's either abnegation or amity. If she's amity, she's the only amity I can stand. I say okay and stand up, grabbing my leather jacket and putting it on. The park is only right across the street so I don't get the keys to the truck. Grabbing my phone I text tris,  At the Park when you get off.  Love you. I don't expect her to text back soon so I just turn it off and tuck it in my pocket.
    ×××
   I offer my hand to Rose as we're about to cross the street.  She hesitantly takes it and follows me over to the park. There are so many Amity here today damnit. 
     Rose sits on a swing but looks to be having trouble with that. I go over,  ignoring all the amity looks. "I'll push you," I say. She nods. I start pushing her on the swing and hear a light giggle. Well at least I'm doing something right with a kid.
     "Higher," she requests. I comply and push her higher. Eventually she jumps off. There's some dauntless in those small bones of hers. "Will you play tag with me?" I know I could out run her but I nod.  I chase after her in a slow jog.  Eventually she makes a turn,  letting me have access to her back.  I gently touch it and begin slow jogging the opposite way. 
      I notice Tris staring at me and Rose with a smile. I stop and look at rose,  pointing at Tris so she knows I have to take a brake. I go over to Tris and stand in front of her. 
     "Seems like you had everything under control. I never thought I'd see the day of you playing tag with a six year old," she says. I shrug. Rose is standing patiently behind Tris.  I wink at her and point to Tris in way so she wouldn't notice. Rose slot comes up behind Tris and touches her back.  I start jogging away.
     "Your it," Rose and I both yell at her when we're at a good distance.  Tris starts running towards us and that lasts for about an hour or two.
××××
     As we're watching a movie called Tangled,  Rise falls asleep with her bead on my lap. Tris is beginning to do the same but on my shoulder. This is how I want it to be in a couple years from now, a kid, hopefully a daughter, with Tris resting on the couch with me as we watch some cartoon movie.   I kiss Tris's forehead and lightly start stroking Roses black hair.  Hopefully one day.