Doctors

Tobias's POV
        (Two months later)
     Tris's pain has been off and on for last two months.  She was told that she has ovarian cysts when I took her to the hospital and they have her an ultrasound.  She has a doctors appointment today cause the pain meds that her doctors gave her haven't been working.  It pains me to have to see Tris going through this.
    The doctor calls us into the room and soon the her doctor comes in holding a clip board.  "So the medicine hasn't been working right?" She asks.  Tris shakes her head.  "Can you tell me again whats been happening?"
    "Well, two months ago I started getting really bad pain in my pelvic area and not long after that I went to the hospital and they said that I has ovarian cysts after doing an ultrasound. Then they told me to come to you," Tris tells her. Her doctors just nods. 
    "Well, looking at results from the CT scan you had your cysts have been shirking thanks to the birth control, but that should be help with the pain at least a little," she says.  "Can you describe your pain to me?"
     "Feels like something is stabbing me very slowly. Other times it feels like something is scrapping me with a knife," Tris says.  I wish I was able to stop that pain for her. 
     "Well, you do have all the symptoms for a disease called Endometriosis," her doctors says.  "I can't tell you for sure if you have that but that's what it seems to be. There is no cure for it some people just manage it, buy that's a very hard thing to do. Some people get the laparoscopy, which is just where they scrape off all the dead tissue. That doesn't always help with it so others, in extreme cases they get a historectomy," she says. 
     "What is Endometriosis by itself?" I ask. 
     "It's when the tissue that would usually line the uterus grows outside of it. It's very painful and for some causes life changing things."
      "Like what?"
     "Sometimes it causes infertility, depression, anxiety, stress. There are four stages of Endo. Then again, I can't be sure that this is what you have since you haven't had the laparoscopy. But that's honestly what I think us happening here," she says.  Tris just nods. "I'll prescribe a higher dose of pain meds for you."
      Tris and I thank her and go home. 

AU: So that's whats happening to Tris. Endometriosis is such a painful disease that is so often over looked by doctors. I have it and I can say that it sucks that they're is nothing I can do.  There needs to be more attention brought to it so that doctors can start looking for a cure. Tris's experience with this is going to be based on mine.  Please comment your thoughts and ideas for later chapters.  Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah