Tear In My Heart

Tris's POV
      I've been living by myself for nearly a month now and cut Tobias-Four out of my life completely. I never thought he would do that to me.  I've seen him around and he doesn't look the same.  He looks like the old Four I met my first day of initiation; cruel, cold, mean, heartless, emotionless Four.  I miss him though. 
      "Please come out with us tonight," Chris asks me, sitting on my bed. I shake my head at the question for the fifth time. She pouts like a child. "Your gonna have to face him sometime. Why not do it while everyone is around so your not on your own." She says.  She's right.    
       "Fine."

"You look great," she says after she's thrown me into very tight fitting clothes

"You look great," she says after she's thrown me into very tight fitting clothes. I like it though. At least it's not revealing. 
   ××××
      "Hey, Tris," everyone says as we make our way into the net entrance.  I haven't really wanted to be around anyone lately...and I still don't. 
     Tobias is standing next to Zeke with a hard, cold expression. I miss my Tobias.
     An hour later or so Chris and ran off with Will to do God knows what. I lean against the stone wall. Its not long before Tobias comes over.  "Hey," he says. 
    "Hey," I mumble so low you can almost not hear it.  He takes a step closer knowing that I'm not totally against talking to him.  He has a chain around his neck which is odd cause I remember him saying the only jewelry he'll ever wear is his wedding ring cause it'll look weird. 
     "We need to talk," he says.  I look up at him, my eyes meeting his. Even after what he did their still my favorite color.
     ×××××
     He opens the door into our-his apartment.  We step in and make our way over to the couch. "We should start working on getting a divorce," I tell him. His shoulders slump. It's now that I've realized the chain has come out from his shirt and I can see what's on it.  It's my wedding ring. I take it into my hand and let it rest there. I can feel Tobias's eyes burning into me. "You're wearing it. Why?"
     "Cause it's the last thing I have left of you. I know it's been a month but that not long enough for me to move on. A life time isn't long enough. I need you in my life. But I screwed up and did probably the worst thing I could do. I really do love you and that's never going away. I'm not sure what happened that made me sleep with her and there's no way to now. But if I had been in my right mind I would have never slept with her. I don't want a divorce and I know that deep down neither do you."
     There's nothing more I want to do right now than to just kiss him and be with him. But where's the trust.  Trust was the main thing in our relationship and I have none right now. "You're right. I don't want to get a divorce. I made a vow to stay with you through the bad times so I'm not leaving. But I don't want to just jump into a relationship."
     "We can start out as friends who just so happen to be married?" He suggests.  I giggle a little. 
     "Yeah and then we'll see where this goes."
     "I have to kiss you though. Just once cause I'm going crazy," he says. I smile and lean into him. His lips brush against mine. My hands rest on his muscular shoulders.  "Thank you," he says. 
     "Your welcome."