Reader x V

"A misty sun."

The sun was caught on shining upon the soft valleys, the flowers had begun to open a little and the air was filled with the perfume of the umid grass. All was perfect where he brought you and all stilled perfect when he captured that moment with his camera.

"Just another one." The man said while you were watching him with a soft smile on your lips.
His personality, his work, his sensibility... all of them were like a magnet for you.
He had a sort of strange, mystic and fading aura. There was something about him that made you search for his presence. It could be literally anything, like his eyes colored like the cleanest of the sky, his gently attitude, his soft smile or his life.

Somewhat he had begun to interest you and since he had decided to frequent you in a non very specific manner, he took you everywhere he went for work.

"Do you want to see them?" He snatched the object at you, waiting for an answer.

"They are genuinely perfect." You exclaimed admirangly with a smile.

"Do you want to try?" He offered while looking at you with a calm, relaxed expression.

"Umm... no, no, thanks. I have trembling hands so I can' t touch a camera nor hope to stay in this sector." You smiled embarrassed as your hands moved to force your resistance. It was a special work for a special person like him.

Not everyone could be able to fix a vivid moment into a static picture.
It was like capturing the soul of the world.
You didn' t really want to try.

He stayed there with a thinking smile before closing his eyes. His smile was so soft and peaceful.
Even though he didn' t smile so often, you liked it.

"Well... maybe you can' t be able to manage a camera but you can be the muse of an artist." He said softly while glancing at the sky.

You smiled before noticing that the sky was hosting a shiny and golden sun which rays reached straight away the colored petals.

He stayed there for a while, thinking about something, staring at the sky.
He used to do this.
He seemed to have an entire world of his own when he lost himself into that thick wood of thoughts.
You didn' t have the slightest idea of what he used to think about, but you gave him his time, not asking what it was. Not asking what made him so happy and so sad at the same time, what caused him to recur at the simple action to stare at the sun.

Suddenly he turned to face you with a soft, nostalgic and undefined smile.

"Shall we go to eat something?" He offered.

"Yes, I' m hungry." You said happily, making him smile.

-------------

Months were passed and you thought that the guy with the cleanest of the smiles was slowly opening up at you. He was smiling a little bit more and he was beginning to act in a very friendly manner towards you. His concern for you was unimaginable.
You liked that, the fact that you seemed the only person who could make him so lighthearted... but at the same time, even if he was acting more openly with you, you couldn' t stop yourself from thinking that he had protected his fading aura; a thick mist was covering him and now you were sure that it wasn' t only an impression or your overflowing immagination that brought you to realise it.
There was surely something about him; his nostalgic smiles, his sky-gazing in search for the sun, his dreamy art, his unknown past.

You could see all of them in the three pictures in front of which you stopped. They were hanged on a wall of the art gallery, together with many other pictures but you decided to stop excatly there, staring and trying to analyse his three most recent pieces.