Fallen Down

I looked down into the dark hole, trying to estimate it's depth. I couldn't see the bottom, just the shadows. I huffed, glancing back out of the cave to the sun rising over the surface. I had the chance to turn back now and go back home but I knew that wasn't really an option, after all I had already climbed all the way up Mt. Ebott I wasn't going to back down now.  I pulled on my hood and stretched as a took in a deep breath. 

   "...you'd better not be in too much trouble Frisk......" I said before jumping into the deep pit. 

                                                      ..................................................................

                     Frisk woke up as she heard banging in the kitchen and smiled, it seemed Papyrus was already up and making breakfast. She sat up and stretched with a sighed. 

         "Human! It's good to see you awake!" Papyrus said with a glance to the small figure on the couch. "Did you sleep well?"

        Frisk nodded. 

       "That's good to hear! I'm afraid Sans had another nightmare.... they seem to becoming more frequent... I'm sure it's nothing time and The Great Papyrus can't fix though!" He said with a giant grin. Frisk looked at the ground, they had figured out what his nightmares were about a long time ago even though he refused to talk about them. "Now, are you ready for an amazing breakfast?" Papyrus said turning around with two plates. He must have finished breakfast while you were thinking about the nightmares. Frisk nodded hopping up and grabbing the sweater sitting on the couch beside her before slipping it on.

      Frisk yelped, almost tripping as the sweater suddenly popped down over her head. Frisk hopped up into their chair at the table as Papyrus set their plate on the table before sitting down next to them with his own plate. Frisk glanced at the third and empty chair before starting to eat. "Sans isn't going to join us because the nightmares huh?" You asked in between bites. 

    "No, while I don't like his constant napping I will give him a bit of a break today because of the nightmares." Papyrus sighed. "Honestly I don't know what he'd do without me." 

    Frisk giggled. "He'd probably be very bonely." you said as Papyrus stopped mid bite out of surprise. 

   "Human! No not you too!" Papyrus said with pleading eyes. "Now I have to deal with two times the puns!"

   "Is that two much for you." Frisk said holding back a laugh.

    "Human, I'm warning you if you don't refrain from saying these puns I'll be forced to take drastic measures." Papyrus said waving his fork.

   "But paps..... don't you find them humerus?" Frisk said after a pause. 

    "That's it!" Papyrus said hopping out of his seat. Frisk let out a small scream of joy before turning to run, but Papyrus grabbed them with his long arms before they got the chance. "Now I will be forced to tickle you until you promise not to make anymore puns!" He smirked. Frisk laughed as Papyrus began tickling them asking them if they'd stop making puns and Frisk kept shaking her head with her giant smile. 

                                              ..................................................................  

    I landed on my feet with a thud when I finally reached the bottom of the pit, petals getting swept up into the air because of my sudden arrival. I stood up and glanced around, it seemed I was standing on buttercups which had helped break my fall and there were a few broken columns decorating the large area. As I scanned the abandoned area I noticed a doorway a little ways down, starting in that direction as I tried to get a bearing on my surroundings. Heading into the next room it was noticeably darker. Well except for the one patch of grass surrounded by a small circle of light. 

  'Maybe there was a smaller hole up to the surface giving it light.' I reasoned, looking up at the ceiling to see if there was any sign of the outside world. 

((Some fitting music~ 

  ))

"Howdy!" A voice startled me as I quickly turned my attention forwards again. A single flower now stood on the patch of grass. It looked similar to the buttercups from the other room. "You're new to the ruins aren't 'cha? Don't worry I'll help you out! What are friends for after all!" the flower said. "Oh how rude of me, my names Flowey! Flowey the Flower! I thought I was the only one left in the ruins, so boy am I glad to see you!" Flowey said with a smile. "You look pretty lonely..... is there anyone else with you?" He asked tilting his head slightly. I shook my head. "Golly, thanks! That'd make my job so much easier." A wicked grin grew on his face. White bullets appeared by him, spinning in the air as my soul was awakened out of my chest, signalling a fight. As he sent the six 'seeds' at me which I easily dodged. He glared before taking notice of my soul. "That's not a monster's soul....." Flowey said surprised before laughing. "Don't tell me another human was stupid enough to fall down that hole again?! Don't worry I'll finish you off and with your soul plus the 6 others... well let's just say I'll have lots of fun." A giant grin spread across his face his pupils glowing slightly as his eyes turned black. 

    "Asriel. I do not have time for your games. Move aside." I said slightly annoyed. 

   "Asriel?...... how do you .... how do you know that name?" Flowey said slightly fearful. 

   I paused, silent for a minute before sighing. "Take a good look at my soul, you know who I am Asriel." He paused his eyes going from the face of my hood to my soul.

 "Why are you here?" He asked.

  "Asriel-" 

"My name is Flowey." He snapped. 

 "Flowey. I came to assist Frisk." I said calmly. "Help her to free monsters."

"You really think anything will change by you doing this? Ha! You really are an idiot!" He chuckled. "Even if monsters are released she'll just reset later down the line! We know what that power is like! We've done the same things. We've been pacifists. We've done genocide.  The cycle always continues and we can't stop that. Chara will get her way eventually and I'll be right by her side when it happens!" 

   "Who knows Flowey. This is a unique timeline, perhaps this could be our final happy ending...... perhaps we can change." I said. 

   "Heh, you always did say a bunch of optimistic junk." Flowey said before disappearing. I stared at the empty patch of grass for a minute before continuing on.