Blueprints and Golden Petals

After breakfast I thanked Toriel and Asgore for about the fifteenth time and they simply laughed and shrugged it off. Since they had to start working I agreed to walk Frisk towards Undyne's house since they were running late to pick her up. I held her hand as she skipped humming whatever tune came to her mind. Sometimes I would join in humming with her but she kept purposefully changing the tune to make it harder or get me to mess up. I rolled my eyes at her when she did that and Frisk would laugh before starting again. I slowly began to get engulfed in my thoughts, thinking about the blueprints, the machine, Flowey, whether or not Sans would trust me and give me the blueprints or if I'd have to steal them, if Flowey would be able to sense Gaster like I could and ruin our plan to keep an eye on him...

       I groaned, rubbing my face with my free hand. All this worrying was getting me no where. Frisk noticed my distress and stopped walking which took me a second to realize and I almost ended up dragging her along. 

         "You ok?" She asked tilting her head slightly.

      "Yeah... just overthinking things like usual." 

         "Ok... " Frisk nodded before walking again and I kept to her pace. I didn't quite understand how Frisk had been able to outrun monsters when fleeing with such short legs... maybe it was determination, who knows. My thoughts began drifting towards W.D. again but I snapped myself out of it, I wasn't going to get drowned in my thoughts again and I didn't need to worry Frisk. Besides I should be able to talk to Sans soon... "Hey what's that." Frisk tugged on my arm and pointing. I directed my gaze there before walking over and kneeling beside it. A golden flower petal. It contrasted well in the dark blues and glows of Waterfall. I silently held it in my hand as Frisk walked over, leaning on me slightly as she looked over my shoulder. "How did a buttercup petal get all the way out here...."

        "Some one could have been bringing flowers here or something." I shrugged knowing that wasn't the case at all. 

           "..do you really think so?"

        "No."

           "........do you think it's him?"

        "Yes."

           "... that's not very reassuring."

       "Hey, I'm trying to be more honest." I smirked glancing over at Frisk as she rolled her eyes slightly. Frisk reached over and picked up the petal before carefully putting it in her pocket. "Why'd you do that?"

           "Who know, I might need it at some point." She shrugged and continued forward.

        "Need it for what? A scrapbook?" I raised an eyebrow as I stood up and followed. 

           "Maybe."

        "...a secret shrine of everything Asriel since you are madly in love with him?" I teased with a smirk causing Frisk to spin around, her face bright red. 

           "Shut up, shut up, shut up! If the echo flowers catch that I'll never hear the end of it!" She said banging on my arm lightly.

          "Oh ho, but you aren't denying it~"

       "No ok! It is not for anything like that! I do not have a shrine for Asriel and I am not madly in love with him!" Frisk almost yell. Almost, she was still worried the echo flowers or a monster would hear them.

             "You're right, you're right sorry...." I started putting my hands up in defense and patting her shoulder. "You're hopelessly in love with him." I finished as I continued to walk.