A Loving Family

"Ok Frisk, you ready for our afternoon adventure?" I keeled down in front of my little sister, helping her with her jacket.

          "Yep, I all weady to go!" She smiled, her words slurring together since one of her front teeth were missing. She had lost it tumbling down a hill and into a tree while playing outside. Needless to say I was accompanying her from now on when she went outside. 

      I was now 18 and Frisk had just turned 6. We had adopted her while she was still a baby, when I was 12 years old. With how much work my dad has to do I basically raised her and we were inseparable every since. 

    "Alright then let's be on our way." I smiled softly taking her small hand in mine and locking the door behind us as we headed out. Our house was two stories and located about 15 minutes from the town on foot. We could see Mt. Ebott from the house which is one of the reasons we chose this area, so that we could remember our other home. 

              "That'z where monswers live right?" Frisk asked pointing up to the mountain. 

    "Yep."

             "Any that'z where you're from right?"

   "Right again."

             "...do you think I can ever visit 'dem?"  I stopped walking, kneeling down to her level again.

    "Maybe one day I can take you... but promise me that you will never go there on your own, ever." 

            "I promise!" 

     "Thank you my little save star." I smiled nuzzling her nose causing her to giggle. I picked her up, continuing through the forest as we talked about different things. We talked about the butterflies, different types of monsters, cookies, why trees were so tall, basically just whatever came to Frisk's mind.

           "H-hello?... Is someone there?" A voice echoed through the forest. It was a mix between a shout and a whisper, as if the person was scared of being found and yet didn't want to be alone. It sounded like two voices mixing together which left me with only one possible person it could be. 

      "Frisk, hold on tight ok?" I said shifting her from my arms to my back. "We're gonna go help them." She nodded, determined as ever as I held onto her legs for a piggy back ride before taking off through the forest. She wrapped her arms around my neck loosely, keeping her back straight and head up so she can see whoever it was that needed help. 

          "There!" Frisk pointed ahead, in between a couple sets of trees. There was a tall figure, definitely with horns holding something. 

        "A monster...." I whispered slowing down a bit as we closed the distance between us and the monster. "Hello, are you ok?" I called out to them. They turned to me and I could finally get a good look at them. They were some sort of goat creature with black eyes and white pupils. They had two black markings on their white furry face and white horns. They had a black cloak, or maybe dress,  on with pointed shouldersand the royal symbol on it. They were holding a human in their arms with brown short hair, a green and yellow sweater, and brown shorts. With how pale the body was I was guessing they were dead but they couldn't have been more then 10 years old. 

        "C-can you help me? I don't know where I am...." They asked with a shaky voice, it looked like they had finally stop crying and were on the verge of doing so again. 

    "Of course... My name is Jade and this is my sister Frisk, what's your name?" 

          "I-I'm Asriel and this is my big sister Chara.... please, please fix her...." Asriel replied tears building up in his eyes.