Broken Barrier

"M-mommy... d-daddy.... I have to go soon....and.... I-I'm sorry for everything.... I-I just w-wanted to be r-real a-a-again so badly...." Asriel broke into sobs as he walked over to his parents. He only made it about half way before falling to his knees. They immediately ran over and joined him, wrapping him in the biggest hug I have ever seen as they began to cry as well. I sat closer to the barrier, gently picking up Frisk's body and keeping it close to me. Humans couldn't turn to dust and yet there was a part of me so scared she'd simply disappear.... Bruises and cuts were lightly scattered over her body from when Flowey had held her captive but so little it's almost like he way trying to be gentle.... I chuckled, he always did have a soft spot for her. 

          "It's ok, it's ok, we're here for you." Toriel said gently.

                 "We love you son." Asgore tells him, trying to keep his voice from wavering.

         "I-I love you guys s-so much." Asriel replies. "But.... I-I can't keep these souls.... I have to give Frisk back her's now, I've already kept it for too long..... I'm going to be a flower again and I'm going to be mean and nasty and annoying and.... I'm sorry for that. Just know... I love all of you... and Flowey does too, in his own way." Asriel continued, his voice becoming stronger as he stood up and wiped his eyes. Asgore and Toriel looked up at him heartbroken but nodded. "Don't worry, I'll find a way back to you guys for good!" He grinned showing off his many teeth. "You'll help too right Jade?!" 

                       "You better believe it!" I shouted back with a laugh. Toriel put on a shakey smiled and nodded slightly and Asgore took a deep breath before nodding as well. Asriel waved to the others before beginning to head back over to me and Frisk.

         "YOU BETTER FIGURE IT OUT SOON OR I'LL BEAT YOU UNTIL YOU TURN BACK INTO A GOAT!" Undyne yelled.

                    "Undyne. That doesn't even make sense." Asriel said raising an eyebrow as he stopped and looked back at her confused. I on the other hand was laughing my head off and gave Undyne a thumbs up.

               "I'm down for that girl!" I yelled back causing Asriel to whip around and face me.

                         "Traitor." He muttered. I simply winked at him with a smirk. 

              "YOUR HIGHNESS!" Papyrus screamed out this time. "ONCE YOU'RE A FLOWER AGAIN I CAN MAKE YOU SOME OF MY FAMOUS SPAGHETTI!!" 

                        "Sounds good!" 

                  "You ready Azzy?" I asked giving him a sad smile.

                            "To be a soulless flower again?... heh, no... but... I am ready to get Frisk back." He nods kneeling in front of me as a wicked smirk grows on my face. "...what's that look for?" 

                    "You love her don't 'cha?" His white fur lights up pink from blush as he suddenly looks away.

                          "Well why wouldn't I love my little sister?" He said trying to shake it off as if it was casual.

                      "You know that wasn't what I was implying." 

                            "Just shut up and help me give the souls back." Asriel said with a glare. I laughed lightly before petting his head inbetween his horns. 

                    "Ok.... ok.... here we go." I said the gold marking lighting up my body again as my eyes shifted from their usual blue to a matching glowing gold. I held my hand out in front of his chest, calling out his soul... well the souls he had stolen. All seven were there, forming a ring of souls. Asriel gasped once I took them out, as if he couldn't breath and he placed a hand on the ground in front of him, the other gripping onto the center of his shirt. I opened my mouth to speak but he held up his hand to stop me, forcing himself to sit up straight and seem ok. He gave me a smile and nodded, if he had tried to speak his voice probably would have been broken and weak if he could even talk at this point. I looked back to the ring of souls, noticing the red one. It was pulsing as if trying to escape and get back to it's rightful owner. I gently lead it out of the circle, careful not to touch it and guided it back into Frisk.