Hopes and Dreams

I stared at the figure in front of me emotionlessly. The monster looked like Asriel had when we first met him... but this was not him. This creature still didn't remember how to feel love, how to feel remorse, how to really feel anything. He hadn't had a soul in so long I doubt he properly remembered what it entailed. The only feelings he had as a flower were hate and fear, two powerful, driving forces that lead to a miserable life. I could hear the footsteps of the others as they came pounding to meet us, their voices and cries of confusions sounding far away. I felt a tug as Sans tried to pull me back to the others, me feet dragging slightly as my mind connected the dots. Ripping my arm out of his grip I heard him yell something, my mind still blocking everything out but the figure in front of me. I took a step forward only to have Sans grab hold of me again and yank me back spinning me around and forcing me to look at him and the others. 

       "What are you doing?! You can't go against him! He now has seven human souls for crying out loud and he hurt you badly without even having one!" Sans argued. I stared at him blankly before lowering my gaze to the floor. "Let us handle this. His parents can reason with him and if worst comes to worst we can fight him." He finished. Without letting me respond the skeleton let go of my wrist beginning to step past me. 

  "You never could bring yourself to actually fight us... too bad. Once I get those souls you might have to...."  

        My breathing hitched. He wanted a fight. That's what he was waiting for. He wasn't going to let them reason with him so easily. I slowly looked over at Asriel, our eyes locking together. His lips grew into a smile as he realized I knew. I had made a promise to keep them all safe... Papyrus, Undyne, Sans, Toriel, Asgore, Alphys, Mettaton, Frisk...... 

      The others began to follow Sans but I grabbed onto his shoulder giving him a small smile as he looked back at me. 

        "I am sorry for what I'm about to do... I know you will be mad but I intend to keep my promises." I told them, giving a glance to everyone. 

              "Jade? What do you mean?" Papyrus asked confused.

        "I know what Asriel wants. He wants to be in control. He wants a fight. And I intend to give it to him." I grinned. 

              "We've been through this you're not going to -" Sans was cut off as I pushed him back to the others. 

        "If it all goes well I might even be able to get Frisk back in the end." I continued my eyes glowing brighter as I raised my hand. Water seeped through the ground and from the air encasing their legs before freezing them in place. "Please understand, this is something I must do... I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't. I can get through to him... I will get through to him."

                "YOU PUNK LET US GO RIGHT NOW!! NNYYAAGGGGHH!" Undyne yelled summoning a spear and trying to cut through the ice. She cracked it but in response I simply had more water come and freeze in it's place. I turned around facing Asriel who had his arms crossed and a smug, expectant look on his face. 

         "I must say, I never expected you to freeze your so called friends. Quite an interesting turn of events... though do you really expect to beat me when I have the power of seven human souls?" Asriel asked smugly, showing the souls off around him for emphasis. 

            "Come Azzy, let's be real, you've never been able to win a fight against me and never will." I replied with a smirk. 

          "Alright. Let's see what you got."He raised an eyebrow summoning flames in his hands before sending them towards me, my soul being called into battle. I easily dodged them.