Spaghetti

"You're in luck human, I have just cooked another masterful serving of pasta!" Papyrus said. "And Asgore's clone-um I mean Lady Toriel has baked up one of her delicious butterscotch and cinnamon pies!" Butterscotch and cinnamon pie?..... I honestly have never heard of such a thing but by the smells coming from the room ahead it was going to be delicious. 

        "I bet they're both wonderful." I smiled. Papyrus seemed to be beaming with pride already...

      "Yo, what took you two so long?" sans asked suddenly leaning against the wall next to the doorway.

            "How did you?....." I said glancing behind us and then back at him. We didn't take that long to get here, but was there a faster way through the building, sans had gone the opposite way yet beat us here....

        "Honestly brother you're so lazy! Using one of your 'shortcuts' just to get here before us." Papyrus sighed annoyed. Sans simply shrugged with his trademark grin. The marvelous scents from the room in front of me greeted my nose again and I could hear talking along with Undyne's loud battle cry.

               "You can get on him later Papyrus." I intervened as Papyrus had continued yelling at his brother. "I want to get some of the food before everyone else eats it all." I squirmed slightly trying to get out of his grip and into the room. 

        "I am glad you're so excited to try my dish human, but you must stay off your feet, so I will continue to carry you." Papyrus said, tossing me slightly so he could hold me safer after all my squirming. I let out a little shriek before laughing and giving a nod. I felt like a bit of a burden, making someone carry me but Paps seemed happy to do it so that made me feel a little better. As I was carried in the room, somewhat bridal style, I could finally get a look at what was happening. This room didn't seem to have an equipment in it but was the same blinding white as my room and the hallways had been. A long table was set up in the room with an assortment of mismatched chairs lined up to it. Undyne was sitting backwards on a white coach and gave me a glare as soon as she noticed me. Instead of focusing on the angry fish women my attention was immediately brought back to the table, which was filled with the foods giving off the pleasing scent. "You can sit here!" Papyrus said setting me down near the center of the table. 

             "P-P-Papyrus! Why didn't you tell me she was up?! I need to r-run tests and she shouldn't even be out of bed let alone off the IV!" Alphys rambled in a fit. 

      "Ay, the girl hasn't eaten real food in 5 days, I think this will be good for her." Sans said as he placed a hand on the lizard dinosaur's shoulder. "You can do all that other stuff afterwords." 

             Alphys muttered something, pushing up her glasses. "Fine." She consented though still didn't look too happy about it. Frisk ran over jumping onto my lap. 

       "Oof.... you're getting too big for this little sis...." I smiled patting her head. "Soon you'll be as tall as Papyrus." Frisk giggled.

                   "Then I'll carry you around!" She teased.

       "Sounds good to me." I smirked. "Now can you get off so I can eat without you steal whatever's on my plate? You know I have a big stomach and it's even bigger with me being out for so long." 

                      "hmmm.... ok, but only this once since you're hurt." Frisk said hopping off me and sitting in the seat next to me. Undyne sat across from me, still giving her deadly glare. Honestly I was beginning to get used to it. Alphys sat next to Unydne's left and Papyrus sat down at my right. I'm guessing sans was sitting next to his brother but I couldn't really see where he had gotten to....

           "The King and Queen will be so sad they missed your first breakfast up Jade!" Papyrus said starting to get me a plate with a somewhat strange assortment of food. Spaghetti, pie, toast, and for drinks there was either something called spider cider or golden flower tea. I hastily picked the tea when Papyrus looked at me for an answer. "They said they had to take care of some important matters though and Mettaton had to miss this for a performance."

                      "Well, I hope everything goes ok for them...." I said as the skeleton placed my meal in front of me. "I'm curious though.... how come you guys are eating down here? It looks like some sort of hospital or sterile place..." 

         "So that if you did wake up you couldn't sneak off and kidnap someone again." Undyne answered annoyed. A looked down at my hands as they sat on my lap, the silence that suddenly pieced through the room killing me. 

                   "Eh, well why don't we all dig in!" Papyrus said breaking the silence. I gave him a small, thankful smile before taking a bite of the spaghetti. He leaned closer, holding his breath and waiting for my reaction. It......... it was amazing. 

        "Oh my goodness Papyrus this might be the best thing I've ever eaten." I said swallowing the first bite. He let out an excited squeal, backing away as he did a little dance in his chair. 

                "I'm so glad you like it! I've been improving greatly with Undyne and Toriel's cooking lessons!" He said starting to eat as well. I nodded, eating a piece of the pie now, wondering how it would taste. Unsurprisingly it was just as good as the spaghetti (even slightly better if that's possible.).....

           Breakfast was amazing, and I gently leaned back with a sigh. 

      "Good huh?" Frisk smirked. I simply nodded as Papyrus began picking up the dishes. 

            "Can I help?" I offered, leaning forward but Paps gently pushed me back again. "Absolutely not! You are hurt and will have a day full of tests so you must save your strength for those!" He reprimanded heading off with the dirty dishes. Frisk glanced over noticing my sense of unease as the mention of the tests.

            'Don't worry, it'll be alright.' Frisk signed to me. 'They think you're souls just like mine so far, they only see the DT.... how did you do that being passed out.'

              'I didn't. W.D. did.' I replied signing.

         'Wait.... he's the skeleton you said disappeared right?' She asked and I nodded in response. 'How could he contract you then, or hide your soul for that matter?'

               'Don't know.... still I don't think Alphys and sans are going to let it go as easily with the whole my soul is different thing....but we have a more immediate problem on our hands. Flowey's planning something, and from how he's acting it doesn't seem good.' I sighed as I signed. 

   "Hey!" Undyne yelled stomping on the tables and pointing a spear in my face. "If you've got something to say, say it to all of us, none of this 'hand talking'." I glanced over at Frisk as she quickly signed.

                'One problem at a time, stay determined.' 

       "Undyne p-please calm down.... if you hurt her or raise her heartbeat it could effect the test results...." Alphys stood up trying to calm her down. Undyne sneered, backing down. 

           "Whatever..." She muttered.

      Alphys let out a sigh of relief. "A-alright, let's get started." 

Author's Note:

Sorry if this said it updated like 20 times, wattpad was being weird and kept publishing it before I wanted it to. Good news is that there is an update, so yay! :3