Tests

Alphys silently lead us through the lab as Papyrus carried me. Undyne had wanted to come too but Alphys finally convinced her to leave to continue her usual patrols of the underground. Frisk had left to tell Asgore and Toriel I was awake and sans.... well I hadn't seen him since we started eating breakfast. 

         "S-set her down here Papyrus." Alphys instructed, pointing to what looked like a metal table with multiple machines by it. My heart skipped a beat. Papyrus gently sat me down, a shiver running down my spine as my skin came in contact with the cold metal. 

              "Okie dokie, I'll see you later Jade." Papyrus smiled patting my head. 

         "Wait, where are you going?...." I asked. I really didn't want to be alone for this tests. I trusted Alphys in all but..... I've never been a big fan of tests and labs. 

               "I've got to help Undyne with patrols, after all I am in the royal guard! Nyeh heh heh!" Papyrus said. I slowly nodded as Alphys put the IV in my hand again. ".... though you will need someone to carry you around for the other tests... Oh! I know!" His right eye socket began to glow a red orange and he snapped his fingers, a dragon skull appearing with a jolting flame of the matching red orange magic. It nuzzled against Papyrus making him laugh before he pointed to me. The Gaster Blaster looked at me now and I held out my hand to it with a smile. It speed over, laying his snout against my hand. "Wowie! Most people are scared the first time they meet Spark!" 

             "Spark... Is that his name?" I asked, a sense of calm washing over me with the blaster's presence. 

               "Yep, he'll keep you company through the tests and move you around for Alphys." Paps explained. "Now I really must go, see you later!" He waved walking out of the room. Alphys glanced at the blaster before shooing it away from me. 

                     "Come on n-now, I can't have you messing with her test results..." Alphys said moving the gaster blaster to the other side of the room. "Ok, F-frisk said your soul is part of the reason you get sick so often so I-I'm gonna run some scans on it." I quickly nodded. "T-t-this shouldn't hurt, it'll focus on the DETERMINATION in your soul, since that's the trait you exhibit, to let us get a better look at it without having to call your soul out since that could be more dangerous." I nodded again, this time more slowly. The dinosaur monster attached bands to both my arms and on my upper chest, wrapping around right under my arm pits before plugging each of them into the machine. "O-ok here we go." She said flipping a switch on the machine, roaring it to life. I covered my ears for a second, surprised by the sudden noise before calming down and laying my arms down to my sides. I looked over at the screen on the machine, focusing on the results being displayed. A red heart appeared on the screen and I relaxed, the trait of Determination being written on the screen and explaining what they knew about that trait. 

                 "I d-don't understand... yours seems exactly like Frisk's...." Alphys sighed, adjusting her glasses. Then the screen flickered. It flickered. The soul on the screen changed colors and I could feel my chest getting tighter as the machine tried to focus on my soul. "W-what?! Why is it doing this? I know that the machine is working properly, I double checked it and everything!" Alphys frantically said, pressing some of the buttons on the machine. 

          "a-alphys....." I said quietly. 

                "These results are unprecedented! It's like the machine doesn't know which soul you have.... it's obvious that you have DT, that much is for sure but it says there's something else in your soul...."

          "Alphys....." The feeling was getting tighter, as if someone was grabbing my soul.

                 "...somethings blocking the transmission...." Alphys said pausing before rapidly typing again. I looked over at the gaster blaster and it gently nodded. The pressure on my soul was becoming painful, the machine trying to do it's job and figure out my soul while another source from the void pushed against it, trying to stop it. 

           "Alphys!!" I called out again, this time yelling to get the monsters attention away from the machine. "Please stop the test.... it hurts..... it's getting worst..." I huffed putting my hand over where my soul laid inside of me. Alphys quickly turned off the machine, making me gasp as all the pressure and pain suddenly left me. I took deep breaths and glanced over at Alphys who was staring at the screen. My heart skipped a beat but I couldn't bring myself to look at the screen. 

             "...Jade...... the machine says you're a monster."