*Continue

Everyone had mixed feelings about the barrier being broken. Sure monsters were ecstatic to finally be free and their breath was taken away by the sunset we saw after walking outside but they had also lost a friend in order to earn this freedom. I agreed to become ambassador for monsters and help them adjust in anyway I could. Within a couple of weeks most monsters had either made a house with the help of magic, bought one, or in the case of the skeletons teleported their house to the surface. Most stayed in the same general area, a little ways from the woods surrounding the mountain but not in the center of town. Humans would need some time to adjust after all, and so would monsters. Toriel said I was welcome to stay with them anytime and I quickly decided to live with them, at least for most of the time. The skeleton's house was where I was the other half of the time helping Sans make some final adjustments and calculations to make sure the machine would work. Almost every night I would talk to Gaster in the void about the machine and about how to get Asriel back. Within a month of getting to the surface though Sans was pretty much certain that the machine would work and had stopped stalling on telling everyone else about our endeavor, although that was only because I said I wouldn't do it until he explained it to the others. So today we're giving it our all.

        "Did you finish hooking up the energy dispersion cables? Without them the determination and magical energy with radiate out and-

              "-and cause the whole machine to blow up and possibly the entire house or more. Yes. I know, we've covered this multiple times now." I sighed finishing Sans' statement as I twisted the last cable, locking it in place. 

        "Heh, sorry, I just really want this to work." He muttered rubbing the back of his neck. 

               "I know, and don't worry, it will we've made tons of improvements and calculations. Besides if it doesn't quite work out as we hope no harm done we just know what to change to make it work." I smiled. 

      "Alright, alright, let's give this thing a try. You got our fail safe ready?" Sans asked sliding down his safety goggles. I nodded pulling up the save screen and giving the button a light tap.

Progress Saved. 

              "Ready whenever you are." I grinned giving a thumbs up and pulling down my goggles as well.

       "Ok, on three...one..." Sans rested his hand on the lever connected to the left side of the machine. "...two...." I called out my soul and stayed near the right side of the machine where a panel waited for the DT input. "Three!" He yanked down the lever and I focused completely on my determination and the thought of getting family back. Red mist swirled from my soul, getting sucked into the machine as it detected the energy source, pulling with more force at my soul and demanding more to begin working. My feet slid across the tiled floor as it tried to get me closer to the panel. Wrapping water around my feet and anchoring to the ground I froze myself in place, DT still being pulled into the machine. I starred at the machine for any sign of life, I'm not sure how far I could go but I had a limit to how much DT I could give it at a time. It roared to life for a second before dying down. 

             "It didn't work...." Sans said, sadness and disappointment evident in him voice. 

         "...it will work." I said firmly, shutting my eyes. White began to mix with the red determination as it entered the panel and the ice helping to hold me back started to chip away. I hoped a slight bit of magic with the DT would help it to start working. The ice broke away, letting the machine pull me closer to it but the panel quickly sealed shut and the machine revved to life once again, this time staying on. Sans caught me before I could fall to the ground, a huge smile plastered on his face.