The Capital

I shifted uncomfortably, trying to keep my back straight for the wound. Frisk told me Papyrus was coming to get us. He had been the tall skeleton from earlier who was very kind and unwilling to fight. Uncertainty and stress surrounded me, I really hadn't thought this through had I......

     "Don't worry Jade, it'll be ok." Frisk said putting a hand on my shoulder, sensing my uneasiness. 

        "Yeah... yeah it probably will be." I huffed. "Just can't shake my worry ya know?...."

     "Well, Papyrus will definitely make you feel safe. He's very caring and thoughtful." Frisk smiled.

   "HUMAN?! ARE YOU HERE?" A voice called out from within waterfall.

        "Papyrus! We're in here!" Frisk yelled back hopping up and quickly exiting the cave before I could react. It got oddly silent before the skeleton popped his head into the cavern. 

   "Do not worry human, I am here to assist. Frisk has informed me of your wounds and I, the Great Papyrus, shall make sure you get to the capital unharmed and comfortably." He smiled widely walking over.

         "Hello..... my name is Jade." I said giving a small smile as he keeled down in front of me. 

    "It is a pleasure to meet you Jade! I must admit your disguise was very well made, you had me fooled which is not an easy feat." He complemented carefully putting a hand under my knees and the other on my upper back and neck.

            "Thank you..." I said shifting slightly.

   "I am not hurting you, am I?" He asked quickly.

          "No, no, I 'm alright! I'm just not used to being carried.... thank you for helping me, and for looking after Frisk." 

   "Nye he he, it is nothing small human!" Papyrus said leading us out with long strides. Frisk smiled up when she saw us before leading through the, quite literally, magical place. "..so you and Frisk have known each other before the underground? You seem quite close from what I can tell!"

                "Oh, yes.... Frisk is.... well she's my little sister..." I glanced up at him, relaxing slightly in his arms.

    "WHAT?!" He responded in surprise, causing a shiver to run down my spine. "That means....... You're part of the family! It is very good to have you here!" He declared happily. I blinked up at him, unsure if he was serious for a second before I smiled up at him. Papyrus was definitely special. Something about him was just so positive and calming... I couldn't help but laugh softly as he began to rabble excitingly about how he'd have to make me a perfect plate of pasta to welcome me into their family. 

-----------------------------------------------------

    I felt like I was dying. It was unbearably hot, even with just my tank top and leggings on, I couldn't imagine what it would be like if I still had my disguise on. The heat certainly wasn't helping my wounds feel better either......

       "Do not worry human, we'll get out of the heat shortly." Papyrus said noticing my discomfort. "I wish I could run you to the Capital but that does not seem like a good idea in your state...... still! We've past the Core so it's not too far now, just hang in there." I glanced over, tilting my head slightly to get a look at Frisk. She looked up at me a bit nervously. She had her sleeves and pants rolled up and was sweating a bit but didn't seem to be reacting to the heat as much as me. 

         "I'll be fine." I reassured both of them with a smile.

-----------------------------------------------------

      Once we left what Papyrus said was called Hotlands I immediately felt better. I still felt a bit warm but I'd be ok. Looking around it seemed that we were in a house?...... I was a bit confused but the calm and coziness of the house drowned that out. It seemed really familiar, especially once Papyrus was thumping down the stair. I grabbed onto his scarf for support as we went down and Frisk laughed, skipping beside us. I shot her a glare though I was smiling sightly. 

       "Everyone is going to be so excited to meet you!" Papyrus spoke up as he looked down at me. "And once we explain the situation I'm sure even you and Undyne will be the best of friends!" A bit of dread settled in my stomach at the mention of Undyne. Something told me she wasn't going to be excited in the same way Papyrus was.... "Human look! That star seems to like you just like they like Frisk!" He said as we entered another room. There was a save star next to a box, growing brighter as we got closer.

            "Do you need to save Jade?" Frisk asked looking up at me. 

     "I..... no, no, it'll be ok. Let's keep go....ing..." I trailed off as I finally looked around at the room we were in. It had soft light coming in from the giant glass windows, landing on the golden tiles floor and array of pillars. The hall gave me a mixed feel of awe, anticipation, and sadness. My grip of Papyrus's scarf tightened slightly. I felt like I was forgetting something, something important from this hallway.... I shook it off, my memory with timelines wasn't the best but if it was truly important I would know. 

     "Do not fret human, I will not drop you." Papyrus said continuing on. 

 "Oh, I'm sorry." I quickly let go of his scarf, putting my hands on my lap. 

     "It is alright! I do not mind if it makes you feel better!" The skeleton smiled as I looked up at him. It seemed like such a strange but wonderful thing. How could a skeleton smile?.... 

         "COME ON, WE'RE NOT JUST GONNA LET THEM GET AWAY WITH KIDNAPPING ARE WE?!" A voice shouted from the room down the hall. I quickly grabbed onto Papyrus again like a lifeline. He seemed to pause for a minute, quiet as he glanced down at Frisk with slightly worried expressions on their faces. That did not make me feel any better. After a second Papyrus took a deep breath, walking again with the same composure as before the sudden outburst. 

         "Human!" Papyrus said grabbing my attention, as well as the attention of everyone else in the room. Undyne glared at me, blue magic swirling around her one had before a giant Goat monster put his hand on her shoulder, shaking his head slightly. I held onto Papyrus slightly tighter again and he looked down at me, giving a giant smile. "Welcome to the Capital!"