My Fault

I slowly opened my eyes, letting out a soft yawn as I went to get up... only to realize I was being held by something. I looked down to notice Sans fast asleep and still hugging me. I sighed, remembering everything from last night along with the nightmare. Quietly and carefully I pulled his arms off of me and set them on the couch before sliding off quietly and tiptoeing to the kitchen to avoid waking him up. There were two plates of spaghetti sitting on the table and a folded up note. 

         'Hello Human! (I know it's you Jade because my brother is TOO LAZY to be the first one up) I have prepared a wonderful breakfast for you and Sans after the eventful night. I certainly hope you are feeling better and that this lifts your spirits even more! I have gone to Undyne's for the day for training and I will have Frisk accompanying me. I informed Alphys of your nightmare and she said it was fine if you needed to stay over for another night!! She would like to see you as soon as you feel better though and I would be happy to escort you there once I am finished at Undyne's! 

                                                                                  ~Papyrus 

                                   P.S. Nyeh he he!'

        I chuckled at how he felt need to add his signature laugh to the note before setting it aside and starting to eat one of the plates of pasta. I leaned against the counter, not really in the mood to sit. My legs didn't ache from all my walking in the dream void or whatever but I could still feel where Chara stabbed me. I set the plate aside, lifting my shirt up some to see if there was a bruise or any sort of mark there...... Nothing. It was just like Gaster said, nothing from the void could physically hurt me....

        "... ya know, I don't think staring at your stomach is going to do anything..." Sans said from the doorway. I shoved my shirt back down, whipping around to him as my face turned bright pink. 

              "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STANDING THERE?!" I asked, well basically shouted.

       "Woah, chill out kiddo, I just got here." He said putting his hands up defensively. Sans had his usual lazy grin on and sunk down into one of the chairs at the table like he had been walking for hours. He gave a glance to the note before starting to eat. It always seemed like a curious thing to me, how a skeleton could eat, after all they're, quite literally, just bones. Gaster always told me it was magic which in this case is quite logical but there has to be something else to it right? I didn't even realize while I tuned out in my thoughts I stared at Sans. "So...." He broke the silence, sliding his plate away. "That name you screamed out last night...." I momentarily froze, knowing exactly what he was going to ask me. "Why exactly did you scream out his name?" His eyes once more became black holes. 

            ".....N-not sure." I lied glancing away. 

       "I may be lazy but come on, even I put more effort into my lies then that. The truth." 

           "I saw him in my dream ok? I talked to him..."

       "....to the real him?" I nodded in response. "How?" He asked more fervently as he stood up. 

             "....he.... I..... He said he found a way to contact people in their dreams..."  

       "Why didn't he contract me?" 

             "I... I'm not sure. He said pretty much anyone else would believe it's just a dream and nothing else."

         "Why do you believe it's real?"

              "I saw him on the surface. Only for a second, like a mirage. It happened multiple times and sometimes I could sense he was there, I could just feel it. I just knew he couldn't be dead." 

           ".....Heh, alright I'll believe that, Dad did always give off a strange aura where ever he went.... now what happened in the dream?" 

                 "Do we really need to talk about that..." I asked rubbing my arm awkwardly.

          "When it involves my dad and you waking up screaming, yes."

                    "....everything?...."

                "Everything." 

.........................................

          "After she stabbed me I passed out and that's when I woke up. There's no evidence of it so  I guess it was just in my dream.... but.... it felt so real. I could feel the pain, the sorrow, the guilt... everything like it was really happening." I sighed running a hand through my hair. Sans was quiet in thought, his eyes black pits once again. His white pupils came back as I started to discuss the dream and my relapse, but disappeared with the mention of Chara.

             "So... basically you talked to Gaster a bit and then Chara tried to kill you both." I nodded. "Darn flower, I bet he had something to do with this and... Chara." He spit the name out with such venom and hatred it sent a shiver now my spine. "I'll dust that weed and send Chara to h-"

          "Sans...." I interrupted, not making eye contact. "It is not their fault."

       "Not their?.... What is wrong with you! You saw Chara slice Gaster to bits for fun and you think it's not her fault?!" He shouted. 

              "No I don't!" I shouted back, slamming my hands on the table. Sans blinked at me in surprised before glaring at me, clearly annoyed, with anger and hatred still bubbling inside. "...death was a key factor in casing both of them to be like this... they are soulless and filled with determination.... hatred and wrath are some of the only things they can feel, if anything... I know they weren't like this before....

       "How would you know anything about what they were like before? Huh? You would have been on the surface living away care free as the rest of us were stuck down here in our misery and crushed hopes." This time Sans smashed his own fist on the table. 

              "I met them!" I yelled. "When they came through the barrier and to the surface.. I met them... I cared for them... they were like siblings to me and Frisk.... I couldn't protect them... it's my fault they're dead...."

__________________________________

Author's Note:

bum Bum BUM, cliffhanger!

...

also the poor table.