Secrets Out

"...you're going to have to tell the others." Sans said. I nodded, wiping my eyes as I took a step back. "Does frisk know?" I nodded again. "Ok, good that will make things easier...." I giggled slightly as Spark rubbed my face, getting rid of the remnant tears. 

         "I.... I think I'm ready to go..." I said quietly, getting Sans' attention and he nodded, offering me a hand. I glanced at it before back up at him, a bit unsure. 

    "Trust me kid, I know a shortcut." Sans winked. I smiled, feeling a bit better now and took his hand. "But whatever you do, don't let go." He instructed as his eye lit up with a blue flame. I squeezed my eyes shut, holding onto his hand tighter. "Ok, you can open your eyes now." Opening my right eyes slightly I glanced around. We were in the lab again, but how?... I opened my eyes fully and took a step forward, almost passing out from dizziness as Sans grabbed my arm. "Woah there, looks like teleporting really rattled your bones." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. 

        "Ha, ha... let's just get this over with before I change my mind." I huffed, steadying myself before walking again but Sans stops me, still holding onto my arm.

        "I've got an idea about that, you just head back to your room alright?" He said.

       "But...." I started to argue before the skeleton cut me off.

          "No arguing, or do you want Undyne to spear you to a wall?" Sans raised an eyebrow. I opened my mouth to say something before pausing, he had a point. "Me and frisk got ya covered, just wait until we come to get you." 

        "Fine...." I grumbled and he smirked, letting me go. "What about Spark though?"

           "Ah, don't worry about him, my brother can make his disappear from here." 

      "Ok.... thank you Sans." I looked back at him before continuing to my 'room' where I had first woken up here. Sitting down on the bed I let my eyes glaze the room. It was completely white and there was nothing to really look at... flopping all the way back on the couch I spread out my arms, letting out a deep breath as I stared at the ceiling. Before I even realized it I drifted off to sleep...

A golden button lies before me.

The words shimmer in the light of the surface.

RESET

My hand wavers over the button as a tear slips down my cheek.

"Come on Jade, you don't want to disappoint your little sister do you?" A childish voice giggled as the floated nearby, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I mean you couldn't even find a way to save me or Azzy this run, don't you think it would be better if you tried again? Maybe this time you can keep the humans from killing us like a good sibling." They grinned menacingly. 

"... everyone's so happy though." I whispered. 

"Oh please, as if, you think humans are really going to accept them? Ha! Don't make me laugh. They will die because of your selfishness. There is once way we can make sure no one else every hurts them again...." 

They pushed by hand towards the button, it glowed brighter under my touch as the world spun out of view, disappearing into darkness.

            I gasped waking up as I held onto my shirt tightly. I was shaking uncontrollably. I knew that voice, and during every timeline I loved that voice as my own sister. Yet, every timeline she reminds me of my mistakes.... of my weaknesses.... of the hate burning inside me of the people who killed her and our brother. I ran my hands through my hair, clenching my teeth and trying to calm my emotions back down. A soft knock echoed off the metal door. 

          "Jade.... can I come in?" Frisk's gentle voice asked. 

        "Of course." I replied sitting up a bit straighter, hiding any of my worry, fear, and sadness. There was no reason to.... no I didn't have the right to make Frisk upset because of this. Frisk slowly opened the door, entering the room quietly before turning around and closing the door behind her. "...so you and Sans told the others huh..." I asked, well more of stated, breaking the moment of awkward silence as I leaned back onto my hands. Frisk nodded. Frisk climbed up onto the bed, sitting criss-crossed in front of me as I silently watched them. "....how did they react." I questioned hesitantly.

             "They're...surprised to say the least." Frisk answered carefully. "Undyne and Alphys couldn't really believe it at first but Sans explained it better and more.... sciencey. Papyrus is really excited and thinks it's cool. I think the others aren't exactly sure how to take it, you know?" I nodded. "But, they said you're still welcome to stay here and that they understand why you were scared. Things have changed though, and I really think humans and monsters could be friends, you're living proof of that!.... you helped keep me determined to help them because I knew it possible to win with sparing and not fighting..." Tears poured out of my face as I looked down at her with a blank expression. "J-Jade? Sis? Are you ok!" Frisk asked standing up with a worried expression. 

               "You truly are something amazing my little save star." I whispered hugging Frisk with a giant smile. 

             "I get it from my big sister..." She smiled hugging back as I laughed.

Spending a loving moment with your sister fills you with... DETERMINATION