Secret Lab

Spark began to pull up to the house and I reached out to open the front door, but he pulled me on. 

           "What is it boy? Is he not here anymore?" I asked as the blaster flew around to the back of the house. In the shadows hid a door attached to the back of their house. "Oh.... he's in there huh?" The gaster blaster slowly nodded but made no effort to open the door. I carefully slid off of him, patting his head affectionately before turning towards the door again. I wrapped my fingers around the frozen metal handle, a shiver being sent down my spine. I slowly tried to open the door, the handle getting stuck at one point before I carefully kept turning it, pushing it open just enough so I could peek inside.... I couldn't really see anything from where I was. It looked like most of the room was to the left of the door, currently blocked from view. I stepped just inside the door, letting Spark in behind me before silently closing the door. I inched to the edge of the wall on the left, trying to glance over and look inside the room. 

            "I know your there." Sans' deep voice cut through the room, freezing me in place. Spark gave me a small, but reassuring, nudge before going into the other room. "Heh, Spark, whatcha doin' here buddy?" Sans asked, his voice a bit softer than before. I heard Spark let out a low groan like noise, there really isn't anyway to describe it. It's scratchy and deep, though Sparks 'voice' I guess you could call it was definitely more high pitched then Gaster's blaster Chiller's voice. Maybe it was because Papyrus had a higher, more energetic voice himself; after all, the blaster did seem to reflect his personality a bit. I glanced around the corner, just barely looking past the wall and could see Sans looking at some sort of machine. Around the corner of the wall I was hiding behind looked like a counter with drawers underneath it and blue prints spread out all over it. It looked like it was written in... Wing Dings? I had never really gotten good at reading or speaking Wing Dings, though I could make out a few words when having it spoken to me. "I think it might actually work this time, we might get Gaster back buddy..."Sans said patting the top of Spark's head though keeping his focus on machine.

Megalovania begin blaring 

        I had to cover my mouth to keep from screaming, whipping around and pushing myself up against the wall to hide as that music began to play. The song was so familiar.... it made my soul ache and my head filled with visions, maybe memories? They were in judgment hall, there was Sans, a knife.... and dust... so much dust.  

         "Forgot I had this thing on." Sans chuckled taking out his phone. "Yo, what's up?.... oh hey bro.... what? Jade?....... no I haven't seen her... is alphys sure? ok.....wait... did you leave Spark with her?... no reason, look I'll call you back." My heart skipped a beat as I heard him hang up. He knew. He totally knew I was here. I panicked, reaching for the door. Sure I had come with the intention of talking to him but when a person has a secret lab and has probably been told secrets about you when you were trying to tell them more calmly and probably doesn't trust you.. then you just book it. My fingers lightly brushed the door handle before I was flung in the other direction, stopped just before I hit the wall. "Well, what do we have here?" He said giving his usual smile, but his eyes were black holes. I looked away, his eyes giving me a sense of dread and worry. Spark nudged, well more of pushed Sans before coming over to me, floating up till I was sitting on him even though I was still caught in Sans magic. He paused before letting me go, a sense of calm flooding over me now that I was on Spark again. 

           "Guess you heard the test results huh?...." I said still avoiding eye contact as I rubbed the back of my neck.

                "Yep... mind explaining to me how that happened and why you left the lab?" Sans asked leaning against the counter, closing his eyes. "I"m guessing that your not human since the machine wasn't able to understand your soul, but we know you have DT so you got to be human no matter what that piece of metal said." 

         I silently stared at Spark, trying to think of a way to explain it.... but there was not use hiding it anymore right? They would find out one way or another and there would definitely be more questions now because of the test.  

           "... my soul is unique." I sighed. I knew that isn't what Sans wanted to know and he opened his eyes, looking at me slightly annoyed. "It has elements of both determination and magic.... in essence I am a hybrid. Part human and part monster." 

              "How." Sans stated simply and I looked back over at him. Of course he wouldn't believe it that easily. 

         "My father was a human, he fell into the underground before any of the children and was hidden by a kind monster who tried to help him find a way past the barrier. That kind monster was my mother." I explained holding onto my heart locket. "After I was born I had a lot of heath problems and sickness because the determination and magic weren't sure how to react to each other or work together. A rather peculiar scientist in the underground helped me learn how to stabilize my soul and hide it's true form along with hide my monster attributes." Sans stepped away from the counter, his face softening a bit. "That scientist was W.D. Gaster. He studied my soul and tried to use it to break the barrier. My parents were worried about how others would react to us, after all there were still many negative feelings and effects from the war so we stayed hidden.... My mother became very sick. It was certain she was going to fall down." My hands trembled slightly and I fought back the tears. "By then I was 8 years old and could easily hide myself to appear to be a human. Gaster took us to the barrier. I could get past the barrier because my soul was basically a human and monster soul fused together. The barrier was not made for such circumstances and could not identify my soul. In essence I didn't exist to the barrier. My father used my mother's soul to get past the barrier." 

           Sans took a step closer. "Can I see your soul? Your real soul?" I paused, looking down before nodding. With a deep breath I called my soul out, letting the red heart sit in my hand. It spun around as I let it revert back to normal, a red heart with white splotches inside of it. "Why didn't you just tell us from the beginning?" He asked examining my soul.

             "I guess I was just used to hiding. When you've been worried about being hated and hunted all your life it's just second nature to hide." I froze as I felt something wrap around me. 

               "Heh, kiddo, you don't need to hide anymore." Sans whispered as he hugged me. I couldn't keep it back anymore, and I started sobbing into his jacket.