Into the Snow

I took a deep breath as I steadied myself, eating another piece of monster candy. It help numb the pain. I was silent, trying to listen to the sounds coming from downstairs.   

    "I've never been to the Ruins before!" A male voice said in a very excited tone. 

       "Remember why we're here Papyrus." A second, more commanding and feminine voice said. 

    "To find and bring in the new monster." The first one, who I assume is Papyrus, answered.

    "Good, the house is right up these stairs." Their voices were getting louder and by now I could hear their foot steps. I hurried over to the stairs. They were thumping up them now, each step echoing through the house. I went around to the far side of the stairs, laying down and pushing myself up to the small area that hid me and held the railing into place. Through my hood I saw two sets of feet appear, each wearing a set of red boots. "Let's check this side first, it's got rooms there so they may have gone to rest." The feminine voice said. Now that I could look at her she seemed to be some sort of fish creature with bright red hair, and was tall.  

        "Okie dokie Undyne!" Papyrus said cheerfully. He was incredibly tall, even taller than the girl and was a skeleton by the looks of him. I held my breath, letting the two go by and enter one of the rooms. I closed my eyes, giving myself a second to gain courage before I pushed myself off the ground and ran down the stairs full speed. 

     "Papyrus did you hear that?!" Undyne yelled. I didn't stop, I kept running, jumping off to reach the ground from broken staircase. My left leg didn't like that, giving out and letting me fall on my face. "THEY'RE GETTING AWAY!!" She screamed. Their running was easily heard and I looked back up at the stair way, seeing both heading down now, their eyes locked on me. I pushed off the ground, running again, the adrenaline helping mw block out the pain in my leg. "STOP RUNNING AWAY!!" She said, obviously annoyed as I glanced back. In response I tried to run faster and slid a bit as I turned the corner. I could see an opened door at the end of the hallway, if I could get there and close it I might have a couple extra seconds to get ahead... I dug my feet into the ground as a spear appeared out of the air, striking right in front of me. I put a hand to my chest, keeping my soul from initiating a battle. 

       "Undyne, we are not suppose to attack unless attacked, remember!" Papyrus said urgently. 

        "We need answers and I'm not gonna let some punk get away from me!" Undyne growled. 

      "But the King was very clear on his directions!" Papyrus argued. As they began to bicker I ran around the arrow, getting closer to door. Undyne quickly noticed.

      "Fine, but at least block their path so we can talk to them!!" She told Papyrus as she pointed in my direction. Papyrus hesitated for a second before nodding. I tried to stop myself again, almost tripping into the barrier of blue bones the skeleton made. 

    "Blue stop sign..." I whispered to myself. 

   "Please stop running away, we only wish to talk." The tall monster pleaded. I turned my head slightly, looking back at them. The skeleton seemed sincere but the fish seemed on edge and annoyed. I slowly nodded. "We have some questions, like who are you? Where did you come from? What type of monster are you? How come we've never seen you before?" I was quiet, honest answers would most likely reveal my identity and I wasn't sure about how they would react..... 

        "I'm sorry, but I can't answer those questions. At least, not now." I told the skeleton. 

     "We're not going to let you go that easily, the king demands your presence and your answers." Undyne said, a spear materializing in her hand. My eyes rested on the spear for a second, taking a few steps forward. Undyne got in a fighting stance, expecting me to attack. 

        "And I'm not going to be caught that easily." I replied whipping around and running through the wall of bones getting a shriek from the skeleton and a yell from the fish. I checked my stats, I had run into quite a few bones and it took off 15 hp response. I was going to need to rest soon because that on top of my blood loss and cut hadn't left me with much room on my hp bar. I grabbed the heavy doors pushing them into place as fast as I could as the angry monsters headed my way. I slid to the ground once I finally got them in place, taking deep breaths to try and recover.

         "Golly, that wasn't very nice now was it?" A voice mocked from behind me. I looked over as my shaky breaths were being to calm down. Flowery stood there, a smug grin on his face. "You know they're going to get out and capture you, who knows what they'll do to you." 

      "I know as well as you Flowey that they had little intention to harm me, I literally jumped into the attack." I said, taking in the surroundings. It was freezing, but I preferred the cold so I would be alright. There was forests to my left and to my right as well as a bush on my left with something shinning inside it..... 

           "I saw you idiot. Seriously who jumps into a blue attack?!" He said annoyed with a sigh. "Anyway you'd better get moving if you have any hope of finding Frisk, after all you're leg isn't looking too good..." At the mention of it I looked down at my aching leg. Spots of blood were starting to seep through it, all that running and the attack must have aggravated it more. "See ya around pal!" The flower chimed before disappearing into the white ground. Using my good leg I began to stand up, leaning against the door for support. I left a patch of red in the snow where I had rested momentarily. Turning my attention ahead I noticed the forests once again. There was no way I could out run then but maybe I could hide. I took a step forward, my vision blurring for a second before I could continue. I headed a good ways into the forest, but I could still see the Ruins exit. 

       "Just... a bit further...." My legs disagreed, giving out on me and landing me in the snowy landscape. There was a thud. Another one. And another one until the Ruins doors burst open. I pulled myself over to the nearest tree, hiding and leaning against it. 

        "WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON THAT TWERP I'M GONNA-" The screaming fish was cut off by her skeleton friend. 

        "Undyne, look at the snow." Papyrus said pointing at the ground. "You don't think that's.."

       "Blood." Undyne finished his sentence as she bend down to look at it. 

       "They're hurt! Oh no, we must find them quickly before....." The skeletons loud words faded out of my hearing as I passed out.