{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [2]

If you guys like this story please vote/comment/message something to let me know if I should keep posting it.

The time was passing unmarked by me but I knew I couldn't stay like this forever. While the time was unmarked by me I knew it was being marked by my friends and family. Every time I would wake to a semi conscious state I would hear different voices. I could hear the worry and the pain but every time I would try to wake up fully the pain would return to me. Slowly it began to change. It didn't hurt so much to hear their voices, or to think.

"Are you sure we shouldn't get a second opinion?"

"Matt we've been over this," Johnny's voice sounded more tired than angry.

"Matt may have a point Johnny. This time is different."

"Not you too Zacky," Val said.

"You weren't here the last time. You don't know what it was like," Zacky said.

"No but I am here this time and I can tell you that she had been sleeping better."

"That..."

"I think that Johnny and Val have a point. It's not that we aren't seeing progress. It's just taking time," Syn said.

"Yeah, time. Two weeks to be exact."

"Zacky we agreed to give this approach three weeks because Dr. Steinworth said that's all the longer she should be in it." Johnny said.

"And what if it doesn't work? What if something's wrong and it needs to be fixed now?"

What if. What if. I thought as I mentally rolled my eyes and huffed.

"What if we put a tarantula in her bed?" Syn suggested and I felt my body stiffen. "Or hang up a poster of a clown on her ceiling so its the first thing she sees when she wakes up?"

Spiders and Clowns?!

I sprang up to a sitting position on my bed.

"Brian Elwin Haner Jr.! If you even so much as consider bringing a spider or clown into this room I will make your life a living hell!"

Everyone was staring at me with a look of shocked surprise except for Brian. He was grinning at me smugly. I groaned and looked around the room my eyes landing on a tray beside Johnny that contained the scraps of a breakfast.

"Um Lindsay? Would there be any of that delicious smelling breakfast left?"

"No but I'll go make you some more," She said beaming as she left the room.

I sighed and laid back down feeling weak. "Did I just really sleep for two weeks?"

"Yeah. Dr. S said it was probably the shock combined with the stress of the situation." Matt said eying me cautiously.

"Shock of what?" I said eying them all back. They were all looking at me very worried now.

"Sis what's the last thing you remember?" Johnny asked me. I thought about it and everything seemed a bit hazy.

"Shopping for presents with the girls?" I watched quizzically as everyone look at each other worriedly now. "Why? What's going on?"

"Don't worry about it Sis. I'm going to call Dr. Steinworth and have her come out. She said she wanted to see you as soon as you were awake."

Lindsay came back into the room carrying a tray of bacon, eggs, toast, and coffee that smelled heavenly. She set the tray on a little stand Matt brought in for it. 

"Guys where is Jimmy?"

The coffee pot Lindsay was holding began to slip from her fingers.

"Why don't we let you eat in peace and we can bug you some more after your appointment with Dr. S," Matt said giving me an uneasy smile while helping Lindsay hold onto the coffee pot.

"Okay.." I said drawing out the word. Something was going on they just didn't want me to know. I cut up my eggs and began eating them as I watched Lindsay approach a little apprehensively with the coffee pot. About halfway through her trek across the room my stomach began to get queasy. As she got closer the smell of coffee became stronger and my stomach seemed to grow more queasy as it got stronger.

"Lindsay..." I said as she started to pour the coffee. I felt my stomach lurch and I scrambled to my ensuite bathroom. My stomach promptly rebelled and I stayed hanging limply over the porcelain goddess even after all of my dry heaves were gone.

"Kathleen? I'm sorry I didn't think."

"It's not your fault Lindsay. I think maybe I would like to get cleaned up now."

"Sure. Do you need some help?"

"Just make sure I don't fall asleep in the bath please."

"Sure." I heard her reply over the sound of the bath running. I turned around and brushed my teeth, washing the bitter taste of bile from my mouth. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I had makeup streaked around my face and my hair was a tangled mess, but the most obvious thing wrong was the dressy, sleeveless black dress I wore. I never slept in my clothes let alone my dress clothes. I was always very careful to remove my makeup and take care of my skin. I was allergic to a lot of the inexpensive makeup out there and an allergic reaction was not only unsightly but costly and time consuming to clear up. As a result I had become almost OCD in my nightly routine. I washed my face and after checking for signs of a reaction I turned off the bath and stepped inside. I settled into the water and immediately felt better.

"Kathy?"