{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [12]

I could hear Johnny’s and Zacky’s voices raised downstairs but I couldn’t quite make out what they were saying. Then the front door slammed and Zacky revved the engine in his car before backing out. I flinched when I heard the tires squeal. I sighed and picked up my phone. I dialed Matt’s number.

“Hey miss me already?” I heard him tease across the line.

I laughed. “Not exactly, Zacky just peeled out of here very angry. He and Johnny were fighting about something.”

“And you would like me to do some investigating?”

“If you don’t mind?”

“Sure its no problem.” There was silence on the line but I could feel there was something he wanted to ask.

“Uh, Kathy?”

“Yeah?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course.”

“Can I….Can I go with you to your next appointment?”

“Um sure? I’ll let you know what time tomorrow.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

“Night Kathy.”

I hung up and sat down at my computer. An instant message window popped up.

SD: Well maybe its not Zacky and Katie sitting in a tree after all maybe it’s Matt and Katie.

ChristSister: Jimmy! They are our friends.

SD: It’s ok Katie. You are still there. You need to live.

ChristSister: I am living.

SD: There is a difference between existing and living.

ChristSister: Your Mom was so excited. Your dad I think is going to be extremely overprotective of me and between him and Johnny I’ll probably end up living in a bubble.

SD: Not a bad idea.

ChristSister: Jimmy!

SD: lol I’m just kidding Katie. The guys will take good care of you. You won’t have to worry about it.

SD: I want you to promise me something though. No matter what I want you to remember that you aren’t responsible for anyone’s happiness other than yours.

ChristSister: I promise.

There was a quick rap on my door and then Johnny’s head came in.

“Dinner’s ready.” He gave me a strained smile.

“Alright. I’ll be right down.”

He nodded and shut the door behind him. I looked back to my screen but the window was gone.  I sighed and went down to dinner.

The table was set for three but during the first part of dinner Linds was the only one talking excitedly about tomorrow. In fact she was the only one talking at all.

“Ok what’s up with you two?”

“I’m just a little tired. Today has been a little emotional for me.”

“Is that all?” Johnny’s eyes tried to penetrate into me looking for the truth.

“Um yes? Why?”

“I just thought maybe Matt tried something….” he trailed off.

“What are you talking about?”