{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [35]

I stared at the little stick excitedly. This was the result I had been hoping for. Matt walked into our bathroom and smiled at me.

"There you are. We wondered where you disappeared to. What are you doing?" he asked eyeing the fact I had both hands behind my hack and a big grin on my face.

"You left the kids alone with Johnny?"

"Well Johnny and your friend, Janet, why?"

"Because I have some good news I want to share with you and then the family."

"You want to share with me first?" he says stepping closer and lightly gripping my upper arms.

"Yes, its sort of a personal celebration for us." I smiled before producing the stick from behind my back.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes."

"Does this mean what I think it means?"

"Yes, we are going to have a baby of our own Matt."

He scooped me up carefully and hugged me tightly. I kissed him tenderly.

"I love you Matt."

"I love you too Kathy." he rested his forehead against mine. "How do you think the twins are going to take the news?"

I smiled as his fatherly nature came out. Those who didn't know us often assumed Matt was the twins father because he was so good with them.

"I think they will take it fine. We'll just have to remember to include them in getting ready

for the baby and make sure they still feel loved."

"Kathy, I want to tell them."

"Now?"

"When we tell them about the baby."

"Ok, so I guess we should go ahead and tell them now."

Matt set me down gently and hugged me again before taking my hand. I tossed the test in the trash and we made our way down the steps. Johnny was in the kitchen rummaging in the fridge.

"Johnny will you get Janet and the twins please?" I said as Matt guided me to the living room.

He nodded looking slightly confused. I loved my brother but sometimes when it came to me he could be a little to overprotective and surprisingly intuitive. I settled on the couch and Matt went to the hall closet and came in the room with a photograph in his hands and grabbed another off the mantle before settling beside me. We waited as the others came filing in. Andrea hopped on my lap and Jimmy sat on Matt's lap. Janet and Johnny settled across from us on that couch.

"So what's going on Mommy?" Andrea said.

"We wanted to tell you a few things." Matt said. The twins looked at each other confusion clearly written. We only told them rules. Anything else we discussed as a family.

"We want to talk to you about a couple things," I said and watched the confusion ease a bit on the twins faces.

Matt held up a group picture of the guys and asked them to name the guys in the picture. The twins named off everyone including Jimmy.

"You guys know how you call me Daddy?"

They nodded confidently.

"You remember how when you found out your friend Amber was adopted and we told you that sometimes kids have more than one set of parents?"

They nodded slowly.

"Well Jimmy is your birth daddy. Your mom and he loved each other deeply," Matt said showing them the other picture which was taken the day we announced our engagement.