{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [29]

I squeezed Matt's hand.

"Do you want me to stay in the car?"

I shook my head.

"No, I want you to come with me. We need to do this together."

He nodded and kissed my hand.

"I think he would understand Kathy."

I smiled at him as he released my hand and we got out of the car. We walked over to Jimmy's grave and stood in front of it together. Matt took my hand again and linked our fingers staying quiet, knowing that I needed to do this myself.

"Hi Jimmy, I know it's been a while." I stopped and bit my lip. "I love you. I just need you to know that before I say the rest of this. Matt and I just came from the doctor's office. We're having a boy and a girl Jimmy. We're naming our son after you and our daughter after my grandmother and your mother. She's been a real big help. Not just through the pregnancy but with everything." I stopped and felt Matt squeeze my hand reassuringly. "Matt and I are moving in together. We are going to raise the twins together as a family. I don't know when exactly Jimmy but during these last months we started to fall in love. He loves the twins too and I think they adore him already. You should feel the way they kick when he talks to them." I stopped feeling the tears welling in my eyes. I felt Matt squeeze my hand again.

"I promise I will take good care of them Jimmy. Your little family has my heart and I won't let anything happen to them now. She's an amazing woman and your twins already have me wrapped around their little fingers."

I giggled and he smiled at me.

"I love her already Jimmy." Matt's eyes were locked on mine though. His head lowered to mine and our lips met softly. We broke apart as a family of ducks circled around us. The mama waited while the babies circled around us and the daddy came along behind gathering up the stragglers.

Matt laughed.

"I think that Jimmy is ok with us."

I smiled at him. "I think so too."

"We need to get home. Everyone will be waiting," Matt said. 

"We'll be back soon Jimmy." I said.

"We'll bring the twins to see you as soon as they are born Jimbo." Matt said.

We walked back to the car and settled in for the short drive.

"Do you feel better now?" Matt asked me quietly.

"A little. I don't feel so much like I'm cheating now."

"Good," He said taking my hand in his.

"Thank you for being here Matt and for being so understanding."

"I lost him too."

"I know."

"Babe..." He said as he parked. I got out not sure if I could handle what he was about to say.

"Babe..." He said again catching me at the front of his car. He pulled me close in his arms. "I love you Kathy. You and the twins are worth waiting on. I meant it when I told Jimmy that I love the three of you already. You are my family and my world. I'm ok sharing that with Jimmy. Just please let me share it. Don't push me away."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close crashing my lips against his.

"Well...are you two going to stay out here or come in?" Chelle said dryly.

We broke apart and laughed lightly. Matt didn't release me though. He held me tight to his side as we walked in the house.

"So...do we have a verdict?" Johnny asked excitedly.