{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [5]

"Pamphlets? Are telling me that me that I just had to endure needles and all kinds of tests and you figured it out from pamphlets?"

"Not entirely. Pamphlets and my sister."

"Great so I've got something a third grader or younger could contract?"

"Not if its what I'm thinking," she said with her smile still in place.

"You are acting like you're happy that I'm sick."

"No, no, but if it is what I think it is it should make you very happy. Definitely a little sad too but still happy."

"And you aren't going to tell me until we are in Dr. Henderson's office and she confirms it are you?"

"Well actually I have to work again so it will be Johnny taking you."

"Oh joy. Do you remember the last time he took me to the doctor? He tried to have her hospitalize me over a sinus infection."

"He's overprotective because he loves you."

"I know."

We pulled into the drive and Johnny was waiting in the doorway.

"I was starting to get worried."

I hugged him and didn't want to let go. Right now with all I wanted was to be a kid again with no worries. I sighed and moved away from him. "We should probably go inside so we don't give Dr. Henderson another reason to yell at me."

He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders as he led me inside. Matt met us at the door.

"Any news?"

"No we have to wait until tonight," Johnny said.

"You know we will be here for you no matter what right?"

I focused on Matt now that I was sure he was behaving awkwardly.

"Yeah I do. What's going on now?"

"Nothing," he said flashing me a smile and distracting me with his adorable dimples. He pulled me into a hug as he said, "I just wanted to make sure you know that."

I hugged him back watching Val linger back the hallway seeming awkward. "Of course I do."

Val smiled at me nervously as we broke apart. "I was going to make lunch but we decided on ordering a pizza instead."

"Pizza does sound good." I smiled at her as I followed her into the kitchen. Matt stayed behind with Johnny. "Is he wanting to push back the date again?"

"No but.... Nevermind you don't need to be hearing about this right now."

"Actually its helping not to just sit and think about Jimmy being gone."

She frowned at me. "I'm not sure that not thinking about it and not talking about it is the best thing for you."

"Geez Val can you stop pushing people for five minutes? She will talk to us when she's ready."

"I wasn't pushing! We were just talking..."

"And the subject just happened to come up?"

I was surprised by the venom in Matt's voice and how much the tension in the room had risen. "Actually I brought it up."

Matt looked at me surprised. "Oh."

"So what kind of pizza are we getting?" Johnny asked trying to change the topic.

"I vote for chicken, tomato, and pineapple," I grabbed onto the topic change.

"You are a strange one," Syn said entering with a case of beer.

"I don't think its weird. I like it," Zacky followed Syn in.

Syn smirked at Zacky and opened his mouth. "So I'll go order us a couple pizzas and Syn is going to help me," Matt said dragging him out of the room as Lindsey entered dressed for work.

"Babe I told you...."

"Johnny its ok. I want to go. It helps me cope. Unless Kathleen needs me here."

Everyone turned to look at me. "Nope, I'll be fine. Really guys. I'll just spend some quality sibling time with Johnny."

"Aww," Syn said walking back in carrying a stack of pizza boxes, "I guess someone other than your parents can love you short shit.”

“No shit Sherlock she is his sister,” Matt said hitting Brian in the back of his head.

“Hey!” Brian yelled at Matt as Matt sat down another case of beer, “That was completely uncalled for.”

“So is another case of beer,” Val said glowering at Matt. Matt just rolled his eyes as we all sat down and dug into the pizza. Once everyone had their fill we all began to split up and do whatever we had to do. Johnny was waiting in the living room for me with a movie to watch before we went to the doctor he didn’t want to get involved in anything to strenuous until we knew what was wrong. I saw Zacky nervously hanging out by the table.

“Something wrong Zacky?”

“Uh no, I just don’t have any plans,” he said smiling sheepishly at me.

“Oh well come on in and watch this movie with us.”

“Sure you don’t mind?”

“Nah it’s not problem.”

“Ok then.” I grabbed two cans of soda and motioned for Zacky to help himself. He grabbed another can of beer and headed into the living room where we settled on the couch with me in the middle.