{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [31]

I was upstairs digging in my closet for something to wear. It had been two weeks since the twins were born. Kathy still hadn't woken up and the twins were going to come home on Friday. Which was tomorrow. I sighed. I really needed to do laundry. I settled for a Metallica band tee that smelled clean enough and a pair of jeans that didn't have anything spilled on them. I grabbed my aviators as I heard a knock on the bedroom door. I whirled around.

"Val? What are you doing here?"

"I came to drive you to the hospital."

"I can drive myself."

"Matt, I know you. You probably haven't slept at all in the last twelve hours. We don't need to risk you having a car accident."

"I guess you're right."

"Alright are you ready?"

"Are you in a hurry to get rid of me?" I asked her suspiciously.

"Honestly yes. This place is a pigsty. We can't have the twins coming home to this so after I drop you off Linds is going to be supervising me and Chelle cleaning this mess up."

"You don't have to do that," I said feeling guilty.

"Matt, I want too. So does Chelle and Linds. We want to help you with Kathy and the twins."

"Thanks Val."

"No problem. Now let's get you to the hospital."

I laughed and we made our way to the car and then the hospital. The silence had become less awkward and more friendly over the last few months. I'm glad that she and Kathy hadn't lost their friendship over our relationship. I had felt so guilty at first every time things would get awkward between them.

"Thanks again Val. I know this hasn't been easy on you."

She smiled at me but I could see some distraction.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah...Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you be upset if....well if Zacky and I made a more serious arrangement?"

"What?"

"We don't want to damage your friendship..."

"Val stop. If you and Zacky are happy together than that's all I ask. Just tell him if he hurts you we'll all kick his ass. I'm sure he knows but, you know, it never hurts to remind him." I flashed her a smile even though I did feel slightly uneasy.

"You're really sure?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you Matt," she smiled at me and I nodded before closing the door and heading into the hospital on auto pilot. I knew the way to the twins and Kathy's room by heart now. I was going to see the twins first so I could give my daily report to Kathy. They were out of the neo-natal ICU now and just in the regular nursery. I smiled at them through the glass. The nurse smiled at me before coming out.

"Hey I got Gloria to allow me to bring the twins up to Kathy's room today so if you want you can head on up and we'll be right behind you."

I grinned at her. "Thanks Denise."

"No problem. If the roles were reversed I would want someone to do the same for me and my family."

I nodded and headed up to Kathy's room. At first I paid no attention but as I got closer to her room I could not only see but hear the flurry of activity and it was all clustered around Kathy's room. I took off running. I pushed the people in the doorway out of my way.