{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [34]

A/N: So this is the final chapter for the story. There will be a short epilogue to help bridge the time skip between this book and book 2. I'm going to try to have the epilogue up shortly and then I will Post the first chapter for book two with the epilogue. It's called Help Me Find My Way. I just wanted to thank all of you who have stuck with me through this story and say thank you for getting this over 4000 reads. I really appreciate all of you who read, vote, and/or comment. I also included the external link to a photobucket album of collages I did for the flower arrangements for anyone who is interested in seeing it.

I sat in front of the makeshift vanity smoothing my mother's wedding gown, my gown, now. The light filtering through the tent told me it was still bright and sunny outside. The temperature was warm but luckily the dress wasn't smothering me in this mid July California heat. It was going to be a beautiful day for the ceremony. The day that would change my life and my twins lives. The day that I was going to marry the man who loved me. The man I was starting to fall in love with. I stared at the woman in the mirror. She stared back at me with solemn brown eyes, her complexion clear and paler than normal lacking her usual summer tan while her hair still had small glints of natural gold highlights and red low lights threaded through the brown curls piled neatly a top her head and secured in place with a diamond headband wrapped with pink vanda orchids.

I was drawn out of my reverie when Jason entered my tent. I smiled at him as he approached me nervously. He took a seat in the chair next to mine and nervously ran his fingers along an envelope.

"What's that?" I asked curiously.

"It's something I'm not sure I should give to you, but I made a promise a long time ago that I would."

"Well then why wouldn't you do it?"

"Because...I don't want to upset you."

"Why would it upset me?"

"It's a letter that Jimmy wrote you the night he proposed to you. He made me promise to give it to you on the day of your wedding. I had forgotten about it until I was going through my desk the other day."

"I want to read it."

He grimaced. "Kathy...."

"Jason, you should keep your promise especially to a friend who's no longer with us."

"Ok but just so you know, Matt said he is going to kill anyone who upsets you today so if this makes you cry and he finds out I gave it to you...well I'll be dead when he finds out."

My smile turns into a chuckle. "Jason, I won't let Matt hurt you I promise."

He sighed and handed over the envelope.

I opened it and began to read.

My dearest love, you've made me the happiest man alive by agreeing to become my wife today. If I died today I know that I would die a happy man with my only regret being that I was leaving you behind. I love you so much and I can't wait to get started on our life together just like we've always talked about. I want it all even the little white picket fence but instead of just 2.5 kids I want a whole pack of them. Besides how would we decide which half of the kid we want? Left, right, bottom or top? I know that right now touring makes that seem impossible but I promise you that I love you and that comes first no matter what. I also want you to know that I will always be faithful. As soon as you claimed my heart all other women ceased to exist for me. I know that the day you read this is going to be another day of happiness, maybe surpassing even today's happiness because then it will be official. You will be my wife and we will be well on our way to building our future together. I can't wait to see you at the end of the isle my love, my bride.