{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [11]

We were just sitting in the back yard relaxing when Matt came through the back door. I smiled up at him brightly. He seemed tired and a little stressed but happier than he had been. He walked over and shook hands with Joe and then hugged Barbara and finally me.

"I'm so glad to see you smiling again."

I hugged him tighter.

"Thank you for picking me up. I needed this today."

"No problem."

I buried my face in his chest and breathed in his cologne. It reminded me of how close I had once been to all of the guys. Matt had been my confidant before Jimmy and I had gotten together. He'd been there for me when Johnny and I would fight. He'd even encouraged me to date Jimmy when I wasn't sure about risking our friendship. I was glad I could still count on him and the guys.

I heard a discreet cough from behind me and realized that I had probably been clinging to Matt for longer than was proper. But what was proper these days. I was still a little flustered when I turned to face Joe and Barbara but she just smiled at me.

"Don't worry about it darling it's just the hormones."

I flushed a little darker.

"Hormones?" Matt said clueless but I could tell his curiosity was starting to be roused.

"Never you mind about that Matthew. I want to make sure you are sober."

"Of course Mr. Sullivan." Matt looked really confused now and kept switching his gaze from Joe to me.

"Good, good. Now I know how you usually drive so I want you to make sure you slow down and drive carefully. Kathleen and our grandchild are very important to us so you make sure you are taking good care of her when she's in your charge Matthew."

I froze and I looked at Barbara. We had forgotten to tell Joe that it wasn't common knowledge in the Avenged family yet.

"Grandchild?" Matt stood frozen on the spot. Staring at Joe. I bit my lip. It took Matt a few seconds to process before he turned to me.

"You are pregnant? That's why you've been sick?" 

I nodded.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"That's what I was going to tell everyone tomorrow."

"Everyone?" Matt's voice was hurt.

"I'm sorry Matt. It's just I thought Barbara and Joe should know before everyone else."

"I can understand that," He said giving me a forced smile. He then ran a hand over his face.

"Oh lord, Val is really gonna go off the deep end tomorrow." He rubbed his neck and then looked at the darkening landscape.

"Well we should get you home. Don't want you to be out here too late. You need your rest and we don't need you to catch anything."

He turned to Joe. "Don't worry Mr. Sullivan. I'll take good care of her."

Joe and Barbara followed us to the front door and I promised to come back and see them soon before Matt ushered me out to his car and buckled me in. I chuckled a little bit but waited until we had pulled out of the drive and were going down the road before I said anything.

"You didn't have to buckle me in."

"I know but.....it's just, Jesus, Kathy! You're having Jimmy's baby!"

"I know but please don't say anything. Brian doesn't know yet and neither do the girls apart from Lindsay."

"Zacky knows?"