{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [23]

I guided everyone out to the backyard.

"I love California," I said to Barbara.

"Really dear?"

"Well could you imagine trying to grill out in some place like Chicago or Boston in February?"

She laughed. "Good point."

"So...Zacky said this was for Lindsay and Johnny?"

"Yep," I smiled sipping my lemonade. "For once a family meeting not for me."

Everyone slowly started congregating outside. Zacky wondered over with more lemonade for me and Barbara.

"I left the cake in the kitchen. I thought it would be better," Zacky said.

I nodded.

"Cake?" Barbara asked with a raised eyebrow.

I smiled at her.

Johnny and Linds chose to join us in the backyard at that moment. Both of them smiling and holding hands. 

"Well if you guys weren't married I'd say we were hearing about an engagement," Papa Gates commented lifitng his beer.

The two smiled at each other.

"Well I was going to wait until after we eat but since everyone seems curious and excited...." Linds smiled excited enough herself that she was nearly bouncing out of her shoes. She looked around at the group making sure everyone was paying attention.

"We're pregnant!" Linds yelled.

Jason spit out part of his beer and took the glass of water his girlfriend was holding.

"You are so not drinking that!"

We girls and the parents laughed. Michelle grabbed the glass from Jason and drank it down before flashing a smile at Brian.

"Whoa kids....I don't need to know," Papa Gates said holding his hands up in front of him and looking away.

Everyone cracked up.

"Food's done," Matt said smiling and winking at me. I blushed.

Zacky filled a plate and brought it to me.

"Thanks," I said surprised.

"No problem. I know Matt would've got it but he's gotta serve everyone."

I smiled at him before he went and got back in line to get himself a plate.

"So..." Barbara said sampling her food.

"Matt and I....." I shrugged.

She smiled at me. "I hope this isn't do to my pushing."

I shook my head. "Zacky and I decided that we were better off as friends."

"And Matt?"

"Is a wonderful cook?" Matt said sitting down with a plate full of food.

I raised my eyebrows. "Since when do you eat asparagas?"

"I don't...."

"You brought extra for me?" I smiled at him. He kissed me gently and pulled back to take another bite of steak.

"You two are adorable," Barbara said beaming.

"You just better take good care of her and our grandbabies Sanders," Joe took another bite of steak and rolled his eyes. "These are amazing."

Brian was chewing slowly.

"Isn't this....?"

"Jimmy's special secret marinade?" Matt said with a staright face.