{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [13]

The kitchen was busy but Linds kept shooing me out claiming that she was just watching out for my health and that to much heat wasn’t good for the baby. I rolled my eyes seeing as how most of the cooking was already done there wasn’t much heat in the kitchen. Zacky was the first to arrive with the cake and the cupcakes. Matt, Val, Brian and Michelle all arrived next. I hugged Michelle and saw her give me a quizzical look. I had noticed today when I was dressing that my clothes were starting to get a little snug. I had traded out the jeans I had put in my bag for some looser fitting capris and skirts. I was going to have to go shopping soon I guess. Val hugged me and I saw her look down at my stomach after she pulled away. She looked up at me and I could tell she wanted to ask from the way she was biting her lip but she didn’t say anything.

“Did Dr. Henderson call yet?” Matt whispered in my ear as he hugged me.

“Yeah, Wednesday at noon. Um I’m going to be staying at MB’s house though.”

Matt pulled  back and raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head letting him know I didn’t want to talk about it right now. As he stepped away Barbara, Joe and Papa Gates all came in the door next. I got hugs from the all of them, Papa Gates last. He hugged me then his hand settled over my stomach discreetly. He smiled at me before moving on. I blushed. I hadn’t thought about the fact that he might be able to figure it out. I looked around but it didn’t seem like anyone else had noticed. I was just about to shut the door when Jason and Matt came bounding in. Jason picked me up in a tight hug.

“Whoa Kathy putting on some weight now?”

MB hit him in the back of the head while Johnny yelled his name across the room.

“Put her down gently JB!”

He took one look at Johnny, Zacky and Matt’s pissed off faces and he set me down with exaggerated slowness and carefulness before holding up his hands.

“Sorry guys, didn’t know that picking her up was against the law now.”

“Well thanks for calling me fat! I don’t here the apology for that one.” I crossed my arms and tapped my foot.

He rolled his eyes. “And here I thought you were never gonna be one of those girls who wanted me to lie to them about the way they look.”

I rolled my eyes and turned around.

“Is everyone here now?”

Linds looked around and nodded at me with a big grin.

“Ok well I was going to wait until after lunch but since Jason decided to be so…..Jason,” I said grinning at him, “I’ll just blurt it out now.” I grinned at everyone. “I’m pregnant!”

“What?” Brian said looking surprised.

Michelle rolled her eyes and patted Brian on the back. “She’s having Jimmy’s baby…” Michelle looked at me a little horrified.

“It’s ok Chelle. I’ve accepted it and I’m really excited to have a part of Jimmy here with me now.”

“Wait why am I the only one who looks surprised?” Brian said suspicious.

“Well Zacky was with me and Johnny at the doctor’s office. Dr. Henderson actually confused him for Jimmy. Linds suspected before I was confirmed by Dr. Henderson. I told Barbara and Joe and Joe spilled the beans to Matt. Your dad guessed I think when he hugged me today.”

“Yep, so how far along are you?”

“Um well it’s six to seven weeks they think. I’ll know more after my appointment this Wednesday.”