{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [14]

[A/N: there are lots of location and point of view changes I tried to mark them clearly but if there is any confusion ask and i will try to clear it up. Also the video on the side is the song I was listening to when I wrote the Matt/Val part. It was on the end of the flashpoint episode we were watching. Anyways I hope you enjoy.]

At MB’s house I watched Matt drop my things in the spare bedroom.

“Thanks for letting me stay here.”

He smiled at me before pulling me into a hug.

“It’s no problem I’m just glad I can help you out.”

He picked me up and carried me over to the couch, sitting down, he placed me on his lap. I giggled.

“You know that I can walk right?”

“Yeah, but Matt made me promise to take care of you. What if you tripped and got a bruise or sprained an ankle?”

I laughed, “I’m not that clumsy Matt.”

“Still, I’m not taking any chances where Shadows is concerned.” He grinned at me and laid his hand over my barely showing baby bump rubbing lightly. “No chances with the little Sullivan in here.”

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck before pecking him on the cheek.

“Thank you Matt.”

“No problem. So are you hungry?”

I laughed. “Matt! We just ate at the party are you seriously hungry again?”

“No but I wasn’t sure how often you and little Sullivan have to eat.”

I shook my head. “Not that often. Really I only eat a little more at each meal.”

“No weird cravings?”

“Nope.”

“Aww and here I was expecting to get sent out at three in the morning for ice cream or something.”

I giggled. “Well I can make that happen if you are really that disappointed.”

“Nah, I’m good. Unless you really want ice cream at three a.m.” He grinned at me.

***Matt & Val’s House Matt’s POV***

I walked into the house and grimaced as I saw shopping bags in the hall. Val always did this when she was angry. She’d go on a shopping spree and leave the empty bags for me to see so I could wonder about the damages until I got the credit card bills. I walked farther into the house.

“Val! Come on we need to talk about this!”

“Talk about what Matt? About how you can be there for Kathy when she finds out she is pregnant and yet I say the word baby and you flinch and run out to the studio or Brian’s for beers?” Val said walking out of the living room.

“Val…this is different…”

“How is it different Matt?”

“It’s not my baby. It’ll be like Alex.”

“See that’s what I mean Matt! You love being an uncle. Why do you think it would be different having a baby of your own?”

“I’m not ready to settle down and start a family Val. I like being able to go out and have a beer with Brian when I want to and not worry about diapers and nurseries and whatever else it is that goes with babies.”

“Really so it has nothing to do with me being the mother of the baby?”

“No why would you think that?”