{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [33]

I sat in the car fidgeting. I had dialed Val's number a hundred times in the last hour but I could never push the send button. I watched as the front door open and Zacky walked out and casually leaned against my car door.

"You gonna sit out here all day or come in?"

"Well...you see...I need to talk to Val..." I trailed off.

"As long as you told him yes come in. If you told him no I'd suggest calling Brian to meet you at the bar," Zacky grumbled under his breath.

"What? Val knows that Matt was planning to propose?"

"Yeah....she's been busy putting lists together for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah...she's excited."

"I guess I should go in then?"

"Please and please tell her I'm heading over to Johnny's. I need a break from florists and bakeries and dress shops and....." he shuddered.

I laughed.

"Alright I can do that for you."

I got out and headed inside as Zacky took off like a bat out of hell.

I knocked on the door shyly and waited for Val to open it. 

"Why are you knocking? Nevermind, I'm just so glad you are finally coming in. I have your planning book here as well as some lists of the shops I was looking into for my wedding. Did you guys set a day yet?"

I just stared at her excited face.

"You did tell him yes didn't you?"

"Yeah...it's just...this wasn't how I was expecting this to go."

She settled down on the couch and patted the spot beside her.

"I'll admit it was a bit strange for me at first to picture Matt marrying someone else but seeing him with you in the hospital I know he loves you and the way you look at him it's obvious that you are falling for him. This is the next logical step for you guys. So have you thought about where you want to have the wedding?" 

"Yeah....I thought of a few things but Matt and I haven't really talked about it yet."

"Well I have a list of locations here for you to discuss as well. I'll help you anyway I can. You know you still are my best friend. Do you need any help with the babies?"

"Well, Barbara and Joe are still staying over but if you want to come over and help I'm sure that the more hands we have the better."

"Great! I can't wait to see the twins some more. Is Matt going to adopt them then?"

"Well eventually I think. He said he wants to wait until the twins are older so they can have a say in it."

"He always was such a caring man."

 "I know."

"Now that sounds thoughtful."

I smiled. "I was dreaming yesterday about the summer after my parents death."

"The one where Matt helped you get back on track and remember how much you loved Jimmy before the depression set in?"

"Yeah, and it was strange because I was thinking about Matt's proposal and Jimmy and the twins before I fell asleep."

"I don't think that's strange at all. It seems to me that Jimmy was trying to help you remember what a good man Matt is."

"I know what a good man he is that isn't why I was hesitating."