XV.

The sheets were soft, very soft, like his skin.

Whenever his fingertips rubbed against my arms, it felt like a million butterflies were kissing my skin.

His touch was delicate, almost as if every single thing he can in contact with was fragile.

The sex was slow and loving, hands intertwined as the two of us stared each other in the eyes and connected, literally.

As soon as we finished, I laid my head down on his chest and traced nonexistent shapes on his bare skin.

'I don't think I'll be able to see you tomorrow' He sighs 'I've got practice, so this'll have to be your birthday sex'

'My orgasms were fantastic' I grin, sitting up 'I love birthdays'

He sighs, kissing the top of my head 'You need a ride home?'

'No, I actually need to visit a friend upstairs, I'll catch a ride with someone later'

'You sure?'

I nod, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear 'Yeah, I'll get one'

'Okay, fruit loop'

'Be careful at practice... don't let any balls fly at your face'

He laughs 'Trust me, I won't'

'And maybe, just maybe, you can see me tomorrow after you're done pitching'

'I'm gonna try, I will' He says 'I promise'

'And don't kill Blake'

That's when he groans, covering his face with his hands 'I hate him'

'I know' I bite my cheek 'But you have one of the biggest games of the season soon, and I don't think it would do your team any good to have Preston in the hospital'

Chewing on his bottom lip, he nods his head 'Yeah, okay, I won't break his collarbone'

I'm silent, throwing my shirt on as I stare at him.

'...Or any other bones'

'Good boy'

I gave him another kiss, and he mouthed the side of my neck for a moment before I absolutely had to leave.

After giving his dog a pat on the head, I make my way out of the cozy loft and head towards the elevator.

The ride up seemed like it was taking forever, my palms were sweaty and my fingers were twitching, I felt like an all around mess.

It was ridiculous, it seemed ridiculous, I don't know why I was nervous, I mean, I've done this before!

I wait there for a moment after knocking on the giant door a couple times, desperately hoping he would open up because I really needed to ask him something, it was important and I didn't have time to wait around.