Seventeen

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I looked at screen before me, numb. All twelve of them sat in two different rows paying attention to the cameras and small crowd before them. Only one of them was separated from the group. Kyungsoo sat alone with an empty seat beside him.

The interviewer began to talk to them casually and they all responded happily. An hour had passed and my palms were sweaty from my nervousness. You can do this (Y/N)..right?

"So recently you guys have been accused of attacking fans" my heart stopped at the sudden statement, all of there faces changed quickly.

They were just protecting me.

EXO would never do such a thing.

I wanted to scream in frustration. I just want everything to be okay for them. They don't deserve any type of hate. They love their fans.

"Ms. It's almost time, your cue is coming" I gulped as his words taking a step forward.

I've been on stage thousands of times why am I so nervous now. Because it's with EXO. My legs wobbled a bit in the heels they had me wear. You can do this, it's for them. I could now hear their voices on the other side of the curtains.

"Its to my knowledge that you all had an enormous reason to chase away those fans, correct?" I could hear some boos from the crowd fueling my anger.

"Yes, there was a reason, we love our fans but those girls were hurting someone we care about deeply" Suho explained as they said quiet yeahs.

"That makes them no fans of ours, because our fans would never hurt what we care about, no matter what or who it is they wouldn't" Lay included.

"And who was that someone?"

Breath...Breath, remember to breath

"My girlfriend" the crowd gasped as my breathing hitched "they were hurting my girlfriend, (Y/N)" Kyungsoo said strongly as my hands shook violently from his words.

Why can't this be real.

Why can't I be really be dating my bias.

"(Y/N) as in the idol (Y/N)?" The interviewer questioned.

"Yes, that (Y/N), she is the one we all protected" Sehun spoke up.

"(Y/N)? Can you please come join us." I gulped one last time as I stepped onto the stage from Kai's invite.

I blinked adjusting to the bright lights, walking towards the empty seat placed beside Kyungsoo I waved happily to the crowd who cheered at my presence. I bowed polity before taking a seat. I hid my shaky hands in my lap, trying to calm myself.

"(Y/N) it is such a pleasure to have you here, how are you?"

"Why thank you it's good to be here, and I'm okay thank you for asking" I smiled sweetly remembering my mangers words.

Be your usual sweet self.

"Tell me honestly, are you really okay? You're barely recovering from the attack correct"

"Yes I am but I'm okay now thanks to them, they were such great nurses" I laughed as everyone else did too.

"D.O. must have cooked for you, and must have never left your side" I couldn't find my words.

"How could I, she was sick" Kyungsoo grabbed my hand interlacing our fingers in my lap

He's acting.

He's acting. This isn't real.

"Aren't they the sweetest couple you have ever seen?" I looked down at my lap trying to hide my red face as the crowd awed "So all those false rumors can come to an end"

"I hope everyone understands the situation now, we all protected (Y/N) because she is a part of our family." Chen talked sincerely, my eyes began to water.

Part of the family..

"We hope that our fans will accept her whole heartedly. That they will protect her as much they protect us" Kris looked at me as he spoke, Kyungsoo squeezed my hand making my heart ache

"She is my love, and hope everyone will love her as much as I do" Kyungsoo's words were enough to push the tear out of my eye.

He quickly wiped my cheek and smiled at me sweetly. I smiled back at him as the crowd went wild. They cheered and clapped at us, they loved us, but it isn't real. Everything feels real. It's not though.

It's all fake.

"Give it up for EXO! And newest family member, idol (Y/N)!"

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as we stood to bow. He still held my hand and it felt-

It felt wrong. I know he doesn't like me that way but he's holding onto my hand as if were real.

Before I knew it, he was dragging me towards the backstage followed by the rest of the group. They blocked any other reporters or interviewers who followed behind. My heart raced as we excited the building quickly. We were rushed into their usual black van leaving the conference hall behind us.

"(Y/N) are you alright?" Luhan asked looked at me concerned along with the other members.

"You're pale" Tao put his hand on my shoulder examining my face.

Everything seemed to click as I finally caught my surroundings. I realized he still held my hand I quickly pulled away from him, holding myself tightly.

"I'm okay, thanks" I smiled to them as I kept looking at my hands in my lap.

"You two did great, you guys looked like a real couple. Look at the response" Kai said proudly showing his phone around.

New Couple, Who Ships it?, EXO New Family Member, (Y/N) Dating D.O., D.O.'s Love?, were just some of the headlines. It was the main topic everywhere right now. Only thing trending.

They all seemed to be engrossed in their phones looking at the articles, and all the pictures that were being posted.

I didn't know how to feel. I'm finally dating my bias, but it's all fake. I'm over joyed to be a part of their family, but I don't belong. Not like this.

How long do I have to go through this?

Will this end soon?

My thoughts echoed and argued with each other in my head. I'm going to go crazy at this rate.

Will I ever date him for real?

I glanced towards were he sat beside me. He was already looking at me and we locked eyes. My stomach erupted with butterflies and heart was about to explode with his eyes. I dropped my gaze knowing I couldn't hold it longer.

What is he thinking right now?

How does he really feel about this?

I let out a long breath as I closed my eyes tightly. When did everything have to get so complicated, if I wouldn't have separated from them, if I wouldn't have gotten attacked, if...

To many what ifs that are in the past now. I can do this. I can get through this..

Everything will work out.

It has too.