Chapter 11 - Surprise

1 MONTH LATER

(WENDY'S POV)

I was sitting with Erza, Juvia, Mirajane, Cana, and Levy while Happy was talking to Carla, though she didn't look very interested.

"How's Lucy doing these days?" Erza asked me out of the blue.

"She's recovering with great speed, her wounds I mean."

"And how's Natsu doing?" Juvia asked.

"He's trying his best," I looked at the ground.

"Poor guy," Levy sighed.

"But you were great back there Wendy," Cana smiled at me.

"That's true, sometimes I wish we had you when we lost Lisanna," Mira gave a sad smile.

There was a huge silence until I remembered something.

"I'll be back, going to visit Lucy," I got up and made my way to the infirmary.

Porlyusica told me to keep healing Lucy once every week, it will help to get her memories back faster. I just hope she gets them back soon, it's really hard to watch our cheerful Natsu with a frown on his face. I knocked and opened the door to see a very amazing sight. Natsu and Lucy were laughing, the smiles on their faces were so pleasant to watch. They noticed me and waved.

"Hey there Wendy!" Natsu greeted me with a wide grin on his face, something that we didn't see for almost a month.

"Hi Natsu, Lucy. I came to visit for a while and also do the healing work," I replied.

"Sure thing, I'll come back some other time. Bye Luce!" Natsu left the room, leaving me and Lucy alone.

"So what were you guys talking about?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Oh, he was just telling me few stories of him and Igneel when he was a kid," she chuckled at the thought.

Wow, Natsu never really mentions Igneel much to anyone. Well, I shouldn't be surprised, we're talking about Lucy here. She's special, I giggled to myself. Once I was done, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Lucy yelled as the door cracked open to reveal Sting.

"Hey there, Lucy!" Sting grinned at me.

"We heard about what happened to you on a job recently," Yukino peaked from behind Sting.

"And we thought we'd come to visit," followed by Rouge.

"So here we are!" Minerva smiled brightly.

She couldn't help but smile at the sight "You guys . . ." was all Lucy could get herself to say.

"What? You really thought we wouldn't come visit?" Sting sat on the chair next to the bed.

"On second thought, there's no way you guys would miss this opportunity to make me cry from laughter," Lucy laughed at her comment followed by everyone else.

"Hey Wendy, me and Minerva wanted to meet Gajeel and Levy but we couldn't find them anywhere. Mind helping us out?" Rouge asked me politely.

"Sure thing, this way," I guided them as we took our leave.

(LUCY'S POV)

"So Sting, how are things as Master?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

"It's good, except all the responsibilities that I have on my head," he sighed in exhaustion.

I chuckled at his childish behavior, "That's what it means to be a Master, all the members of the guild become a part of you. So remember, all the work and responsibilities on your head are all for the sake of your friends. Without them, the word 'Master' is nothing for you," I kept my hand on his and gently smiled.