Chapter 12 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

(LUCY'S POV)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!!!"

T-That's right . . . it's my birthday.

"Awww Lulu, you forgot your own birthday," Levy hugged me really tight. I'm kind of used to it now.

"But it's alright, happens sometimes . . . only to you," Carla mumbled the last part.

Gray shouted, "What time is it?"

"8:30 AM," Juvia replied.

"No, he means its birthday present time," said Cana as she filled her mouth with a barrel.

"Me first," Wendy cheered happily, "Carla and I got you this cute keychain, do you like it?"

It was a keychain with the Fairy Tail symbol on it in pink.

"Awww thanks, you two, it's so cute."

"I got you this, hope you like it," Erza handed me a box.

It had a hair band with two swords crossing each other.

"That's so pretty, thanks Erza."

"This is from me, Levy and Elfman," Mira handed me a bag.

It had a holder for my keys and a book on how to 'How To Deal With Crushes'.

"The book was Mira's idea," Levy raised up her hands as a sign of surrender.

"You'll have one on someone, I'm sure of it," she winked at me, She'll never change.

"A little present from me and Gray-Sama for love rival," Juvia smiled, is she ever gonna stop?

It was a mug with a picture of us 3 together on it.

"Thank you so much, and Juvia you're free to call me Lucy anytime."

<@@><@@><@@>

After the long gift receiving, everyone left to let me rest for a while. It's been 2 hours and one thing is still bugging me. Why didn't Natsu give me anything? I mean, I'm not complaining it's just that he's always with me and everyone gave me something except him. Weird . . .

Just then the door opened.

"Heya Luce, you awake?" Natsu walked in as I turned to look at him. Maybe I was wrong.

"Hey, Natsu," I smiled back at him.

"Something the matter? You look down," how'd he know?

"It's just that, I'm tired of sitting inside. I wanna go out and have fun, it's been a month."

"That's it? Well, I have a solution," he snapped his fingers.

I tilted my head in confusion.

"I'm taking you out on a date," he smiled brightly, wait did I hear that right?

"D-Date?"

"Yeah a birthday date, and please don't say no, it's a gift and you have to accepted it," he pleaded with his hands together. I get it now, so this was his gift. Can't say no to that face.

"A-Alright b-" before I could complete.

"Great, I'll get the wheelchair," he was about to leave.

"Wait, I don't like wheelchairs, can't we just walk?" I asked.

"I can't let you walk already," then his expression turned into a smirk, "Or else, do you want me to carry you?"

"Wheelchair sounds like a good idea," I change my mind.

We laughed and he brought me one. He was helping me get up when I suddenly slipped, this is gonna hurt pretty bad >_<

But I don't feel it? I crack open one eye to see 2 warm hands around me, "Careful, you don't wanna extend that bed rest of yours." He gave away a gentle smile in which I melted. Why can't I take my eyes off him? I've never felt like this before, for anyone.

"Luce?" and that snapped me back into reality.

"Y-Yeah I'm good."

"Well then let's go!" he cheered, he's so cute.

"Where are we going?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Where do you wanna go?" he asked back.

"I think I should check out my apartm-" I stopped mid-sentence, oh no.

"What's wrong? Luce?" Natsu looked worried.

"I just remembered I haven't paid my rent yet!" I got a small panic attack.

"Feel no fear, when Natsu is here. I'll pay your rent," he said with a victory pose, which made me chuckle.

"Thanks for the offer but I can't let you do that."

"Why not?" he asked dumbfounded.

"Because it's my rent and I should pay it,"

"Fairy Tail is a family Luce, so your rent is our rent," he gently smiled.

"Okay, but just this once. How are you gonna pay it anyway?" I asked him once again.

"With the money, I make on jobs," I said with a 'duh' tone.

"That's it, you're not paying!" I can't let him, how is he gonna pay for his own expenses?

"Huh? Why?"

"Because you'll need money for yourself as well."

"Luce it's alright, I'll manage just fine. You are the one I need to take care of first," okay, I'm gonna be honest here . . . I can't stop blushing. Why do you have to be so cute!?!

"Awww thank you soooooooooo much Natsu, you're the best," I hugged him really tightly, I don't care if he thinks I'm weird.

(NATSU POV)

Luce . . . is . . . hugging . . . me

I haven't felt that for so long, the scent for her body when she's near me, the bright yellow color of her hair when it hits my face, it feels so good. (This line sounds so pervy XD)

Something tells me, it won't take long before we become BFFs again.

She broke apart, "I'm sorry, that must have been weird," she rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment.

"No don't be, it's completely fine. Now let's go have fun," with that we exited the guild hall with lots of eyes on us. I can tell without looking that Mira just fainted.

<@@><@@><@@>

(ZEREF'S POV)

"Avan, Linda, Yato, come forth now!" I chanted as 3 figures appeared before me.

"You called Master?" Avan spoke first.

"Yes, I want you to keep a track on Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfilia, and by that, I mean you all."

"All of us?" Yato asked with an unpleasant face.

"Did I stutter?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We understand, and we'll do our best," Linda glared at Yato.

"Good, now be gone!" they disappeared at once.

I just realized if I can't kill Lucy Heartfilia. I'll use her to my advantage.

Brace yourself for the worst . . . Fairy Tail

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

AWWWWW NATSU HAS GOT TO BE THE CUTEST THING ON THE ANIME PLANET!!!! anyways what did you guys think of this chapter? hope you liked it :) share your thoughts with us. bye bye.

-Minako <3