Chapter 39 - The Return

(LUCY'S POV)

I still couldn't believe my eyes, it all felt way too unreal. He was there, right next to me. It was really happening, the moment I've been longing for all these years.

I didn't know how to react. After hearing his voice, I broke down. My tears wouldn't stop, I cried like there was no tomorrow. Everyone else had tears in their eyes as well.

"What ya crying for Luce?" Hearing that voice after so long made me cry harder. He simply smiled down at me.

I felt warm hands wrap around me, "I missed you too." He was reading my mind. He knew exactly what I was thinking.

Before I knew it, the entire guild pounced on us. A huge bear hug, pushing us down to the ground. Happy was shedding tears of happiness. Everyone was so emotional and we all shared a great moment until something hit me.

"Natsu, the pendant . . . did yo-?" "Yes, I had planned the whole thing before hand, because I was aware this was gonna happen sooner or later. I gave you the pendant so that it would help you today, but I guess you're too stupid cause it took you 2 years." He looked away as I glared at him.

This was truly something I missed so much in the past 2 years. All the hard work had finally paid off. I finally had my Natsu back.

<@@><@@><@@>

"So how's it being a Celestial Spirit?" Gray asked out of the blue.

"Not that bad, just a little weird," he replied while filling his mouth with food. I didn't know spirits could eat, maybe being the 14th Zodiac has its pros too.

"Natsu! Natsu! Do you wanna see all the new tricks I've learned over the past 2 years?" Romeo said with honey dripping from his mouth. He'd really matured a lot but looks like Natsu brought the long lost sweet side of him back. Wendy was just watching him, with a smile plastered on her face.

I love young love!

"I don't know about you guys, but I don't think I'll have fun fighting a spirit now," Gajeel commented with a smug look on his face. All the others giggled after him. I take offense to that!

"Hey! You think my spirits are not strong enough?" I questioned with my eyebrows raised.

Natsu joined at the perfect time, "Yeah! You want a piece of me?" Before I knew it, they'd all gotten into a huge fight about it. They all fought like old times, the same punches, the same lame comments, and comebacks. When we look at it from here, nothing really changed in the past few years.

We were all enjoying and having fun together after a really long time. It all left too good to be real but it was the reality and I couldn't be happier. It almost felt like the guild was back, all the memories flushed by like petals in the air and made me nostalgic.

My life was once again . . . complete.

My vision blurred for a second and I shook a little. "What's wrong?" Asked Erza.

"I don't know . . . I feel so weak all of a sudden," I held my head as I felt a little dizzy.

"It's the effect of the 14th gate," said a voice as all turned to see, Yukino.

"What do you mean?" Sting asked his wife.

"Creating a whole new Zodiac is hard enough but calling upon one is even harder. It requires a whole lot of energy than any other Zodiac. This is why Lucy's feeling weak, the use of the 14th Zodiac could even lead to her death," she explained and we all were shocked.