Chapter 34 - Farewell

(PLAY THE MEDIA)

(LUCY'S POV)

Am I dreaming?

This can't be true

It must be a dream . . .

More like a nightmare.

"Natsu! What's happening?" I exclaimed in shock and confusion, Natsu's entire body was glowing.

Everyone's attention turned towards us after hearing my alarm. They all rushed at us to see what was wrong. How can I even explain this?

"What's going on here?" Mavis whipped her tears and made her way through the crowd.

"It's Natsu . . . something's happening to him," Erza replied.

Her face turned into a horrified look, "What in the world... ?" Mavis kept looking and thinking about something.

I tried to hold Natsu but his body was slowly fading away. "Natsu!" he looked at me with sad eyes and kept his hand on my head.

"I'm sorry Lucy . . . I'm sorry," he whispered.

"What are you talking about Natsu!" I cried even harder. I could hear Happy crying in the background as well. I knew that furball knew something he wasn't telling us.

"I k-knew I should have . . . told you g-guys before . . ." Happy sobbed in Wendy's arms. She tried her best to comfort him and herself at the same time.

"It's not your fault Happy . . . please don't cry buddy," Natsu looked down at the ground. "COULD YOU GUYS JUST TELL ME WHAT ON EARTHLAND IS GOING ON?!!?!?" I yelled in frustration and worry as a teardrop made its way down my cheek.

They stayed quiet for a while, both refusing to say anything.

"ANSWER ME!!!" I yelled once again. Finally, Natsu looked up and into my eyes, taking a deep breath.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I'm dying . . . Lucy."

There were gasps heard all around. I stood there, shocked and trembling with fear. I don't believe it, how can he die? Did he use up all his energy while fighting Zeref, is it because of E.N.D, does he have injuries? WHAT IS IT!!!

"N-Natsu . . . why . . . why are you d-dying?

He looked very sad, "because I killed Zeref . . . I killed my brother." "What does that have to do with any of this?" Juvia questioned as tears started to show in her eyes as well.

Natsu stayed silent, almost like he wasn't ready to talk. His lips were shaking and his forehead was beginning to sweat. He wasn't gonna talk, he wasn't gonna tell us.

"Natsu won't tell us, Happy explain this!" Erza's voice boomed even in this open area. Happy composed himself and began.

"It was right before the Guild Magic Festival, Natsu and I had faced Zeref before. He had told us everything we know now. We knew all along that Natsu was Zeref's younger brother. Natsu was E.N.D and most importantly, that if Zeref dies . . . Natsu will die too." My fist tightened in anger and sadness at the same time.