Chapter 26 - Fighting Our Friend

(LUCY'S POV)

Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

This can't be happening.

There is no way Natsu could be E.N.D, I was sure Zeref was lying.

Whatever Zeref said actually makes sense now.

Zeref Dragneel, older brother of Natsu Dragneel, no, Etherious Natsu Dragneel.

My eyes were getting watery, my lips were trembling with fear. It felt like my legs would give up on me any second now. I could see the shocked faces of everyone else as well. E.N.D looked at us with red emotionless eyes, his gaze fell on me and he slightly smiled, but it wasn't the smile I loved. He was giving out an extremely high level of evil energy. Is this the power of E.N.D? No, there is much more behind that.

I can't take this.

I fell on my knees and couldn't seem to move. Levy ran up to me with worry plastered on her face.

"Lucy!" She gently held my shoulders, "Pull yourself together!" I could see the pain in her eyes as well.

"Very well Natsu! Now you must execute your mission! But before that, you have to eliminate them!" Zeref smiled in victory, his smile similar to Natsu's.

E.N.D turned to Zeref and nodded. He launched an attack towards us. Gajeel, Laxus, Gray, Elfman, and Romeo tried to block the attack, but nothing worked.

"We can't fight Natsu," Mira tightened her fist.

"What can we do? We don't have an option," Juvia looked down in sadness.

"If we don't kill him, he'll kill us!" Erza turned her back on us.

"Erza! How could you even think that? There is no way we could kill him and neither could he kill us," Lisanna looked shocked.

"Natsu would never let it happen," Wendy had tears in her eyes.

"Doesn't it hurt you t-" Levy spoke but was cut off by Erza.

"YOU THINK IT DOESN'T HURT ME!!!" She yelled as she turned around to face us, revealing her teary face. "IT HURTS ME TOO! BUT THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!!!" She was crying hard, I have probably never seen her in so much pain. "I love Natsu just as much as you all do, and I am feeling the same way," she whispered that last line but loud enough for us to hear.

Jellal walked up and gently wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her close and let her cry in his chest for a while. She wiped away her tears and gained her posture again.

I noticed E.N.D watching this scene intensely like he was feeling our pain. Maybe he can understand us? That lasted for just a few seconds until he attacked us again. This was definitely stronger than the previous one.

"ADAMANTINE ARMOR!!!" Erza created the barrier wither armor and protected everyone, but E.N.D was so strong. His attack broke through the attack and injured her.

"ERZA!!!" We rushed to her aid and let Wendy heal her.

"I've had enough! Forgive me Natsu," Jellal looked really angry as he charged towards E.N.D

"METEOR!!!" He attacked but that had absolutely no effect on E.N.D at all.

The other started helping him in defense, they tried but they couldn't hurt Natsu. He was still our Nakama.

"IRON DRAGON IRON FIST!!!"

"PURPLE FLAMES!!!

"LIGHTNING DRAGON ROAR!!!"