Chapter 14 - Fire and Key

(LUCY'S POV)

I was going crazy looking at the stars and their constellations, as I lay next to Natsu. After a while, I notice him staring at me.

"Ummm Natsu?"

He suddenly snapped out of it and looked away, "Y-Yeah what's up?"

"It's getting dark, we should get back to the guild," I suggested.

"Sure thing, but before we do that, I have a small gift for you," he said reaching for his pocket.

"Natsu, you've already given me such a beautiful and memorable gift, I don't need anything else."

"Maybe, but this is something even better," he handed me a red velvet box.

I looked at him with a confused face until it hit me.

W-wait!

.

Red v-velvet?

.

Box?

.

Boy to girl?

.

.

.

.

.

P-P-PROPOSAL!!!

I freaked out for a second and he looked at me with a 'what's-wrong-with-her?' look on his face.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"D-Don't you think y-you're going way too f-fast," I started shuttering after every word.

"Fast? Your birthday is almost over. I've never been so late for anyone's birthday."

What's that supposed to mean? Does he propose to every girl on their birthday? What a playboy! I wonder how many girls has he cheated on, is he cheating on me too? WAIT STOP!!! WE'RE NOT EVEN DATING!!! Oh my God, he's directly jumping on marriage. What do I do? If I say no then he'll feel bad and probably never talk to me again. If I say yes I'll have to live with him for the rest of my life. And I'm just 18 for God's sake. Not that I hate him or anything, but still.

My thoughts were interrupted by Natsu calling out my name.

"Luuuuuuuuuce," he sang while waving a hand in front of my face.

"Y-Yeah?" I snapped out of it.

"What are you waiting for? Open it."

With a gulp, I reached out to open the box. I started to sweat a bit because of the pressure building inside me. Come on Lucy, you better start thinking of an answer to his proposal.

As I opened the box my eyes landed on a beautiful pendant. So he's trying to impress me by proposing with a pendent huh? It's a good approach, I might actually say yes. WAIT STOP!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING LUCY!!!

"So do you like it?" he asked with hope in his eyes.

"Yes, it's very beautiful," I replied with a forced smile. I mean it was very pretty but I feel guilty that I will have to turn him down.

The pendant had a gold chain with a fire and key symbol hanging in it.

"Fire and Key?" I looked at him.

"Yes, fire stands for me and key is for you. Because this means that we will always be best friends forever no matter what happens," he gave away his signature grin which brought a blush to my cheek.

Awww that was so cute, I totally misunderstood. I feel bad for thinking so lowly of him, maybe I should apologize? NO! then he'll know that I was thinking of something so stupid, he'll probably make fun of me for the rest of my life. I better keep my mouth shut.

"So, what do you think? Am I amazing or am I amazing?" he asked with a proud look on his face.

I couldn't help but smile at his stupidity, after all, that's what makes him so cute. I threw myself into his arms and gave him a big huge. He was surprised for a second but later hugged back. I felt like I was on top of the world.

"You aren't amazing, you're the best Natsu," a single tear escaped my eyes.

"Hope these are tears of happiness," he whispered in my ears, to which I nodded.

"Oh and this isn't some ordinary pendent you know, it's very special. It's going to help you in your greatest depressing moment," of course it is, for him and for me.

We soon broke apart, "Let's get back to the guild, it's getting dark," he suggested as we went back.

<@@><@@><@@>

(AVAN'S POV)

We were ready to attack Natsu Dragneel anytime now, just waiting for the right moment.

"Are you ready?" I asked my siblings who were now in battle position.

We nodded and prepared our bodies for a unison raid right off the bat just then . . .

"Avan, Linda, Yato come back at once," a voice was heard only to us.

"But Lord Zeref we can catch them off guard," I argued back.

"You dare talk back to me!" he sounded angry.

Linda pinched me and said, "We'll be there in a blink of an eye master"

"Both you brothers are the biggest idiots, going against the instructions of Lord Zeref," she sighed and disappeared in a flash.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes and followed her.

"Hey wait up!" whined Yato as he did the same.

You might have escaped this time, but not again.

<@@><@@><@@>

(NATSU'S POV)

I threw open the guild hall's door like the usual, "WE'RE BACK!!!" but something was off. Everyone seemed a bit distracted by something.

"Hey, guys, what's the big idea?" I may have sounded pretty annoyed, I mean come on, it has never happened that I didn't receive a greeting. Hell, even Gray greets me.

The crowd cleared to give us a proper view of what was going on. Few people had large smiles on their face and some had tears of joy. They looked like they saw the dead being resurrected. It took me a while to notice what the crowd was for until my eyes landed on a certain someone.

Memories ran through my body as I felt my eyes get teary. it can't be, it just can't. It's impossible.

"Natsu."

The sweet voice echoed in my ears like bells of a temple. I couldn't believe my eyes at all. Were they playing tricks on me?

.

.

.

.

.

You're back . . .

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

DUN! DUN! DUN! WHO'S BACK??? can you guess? tell me in the comment who do you think is back and whoever gets it correct will get a shout out next chapter! I hope you liked this chapter and lol Lucy, proposal and all huh? XD I'm so evil. also long time no cliffhanger so here we have it. check out my youtube for more Nalu and until we meet again. bye bye

-Minako <3