Chapter 35 - I'm Not Giving Up!

(LUCY'S POV)

My throat was sore . . .

My body was trembling . . .

I ran out of tears to cry . . .

But nothing changed, he was still gone. Before I know it, it had been hours since he left.

Levy walked up to me, "Come on Lu . . . let's go back home." She held a sad look in her eyes for me. I didn't respond to her and continued to hold the scarf against my chest and cry.

Suddenly there was a huge crash that caught everyone's attention, except mine.

It was Gildarts.

He came as fast as he could but it was too late for anything now.

"What's wrong? Cana you called?" He asked but everyone just hung their heads.

He scanned the area searching for what everyone meant until it finally hit him. He saw me hugging Natsu's scarf and his eyes turned soft.

"I'm too late aren't I?" he mumbled in sadness. He walked up to me and kept his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry I was late, but please don't cry anymore. I know how you feel, Natsu was like a son to me. I've seen the sparkle in his eyes when he looks at you. I know he wouldn't want to see you cry," I looked into his soft eyes as he spoke. He must be feeling worse than me maybe. He patted my back and stepped back to give me my space.

My legs still shivering from the shock, I crawled to the book of E.N.D which was still on the floor. "There must be a way, a way to get him back," I whispered as I continued staring at the book.

Gray held me by the arm, "Forget it, Lucy, he's gone. We have to get back to the guild." He tried pulling me away from the book but I snatched my hand away. "No! don't you see? There still is a chance, an opportunity to bring Natsu back."

Erza walked in too, "What do you mean Lucy?"

"If Natsu was dead, why is his book still here? It should disappear too right? If there is no E.N.D then what's the use of the book?" They all looked like they were in thought. Until Levy spoke up, "You're right Lu!"

Mira smiled through the tears, "For now, let's go home. We'll talk about this later." "NO! I'm not going anywhere until and unless I find out a way to get Natsu back, this book is going to lead the way!"

Mira kept her hand on my hand, "Alright, but let's keep this equal."

"What do you mean?"

"We will research on this and help you if you come back home with us, deal?" She warmly smiled. I nodded my head with no choice as we all started heading towards our crumbled home, Fairy Tail.

<@@><@@><@@>

(2 WEEKS LATER)

I sat on my bed with the book in my hand. Maybe I could get some help from this. I tried opening it and it did open. I flipped through the pages, trying to find something helpful. I read on and on till I realized I had been reading for the past 3 hours. I kept the book aside and decided to relax for a while. I lied on my bed and starred at the ceiling.

Dear Diary

Nothing feels right here without you Natsu. Everything is so gloomy and unhappy. We all miss you so much, especially me. But I promise you Natsu, I will find a way to bring you back, back to me.

Since the past 2 weeks, Fairy Tail has been trying to keep me busy so that I don't feel your absence. Finally, I got a chance to read through the book tonight. So much has happened in the past weeks. We held a funeral for Master Makarov, Macao, Zeref and Master Mavis. It turned out that since both Zeref and Master Mavis were affected by the same curse, she couldn't last long either after Zeref died. Even though their souls were in peace, their bodies remained here. We all are slowly recovering from the war. All the wounds on our bodies as well as our hearts are slowly starting to heal. But one still stays, and that's the pain of losing you. Gray's always so sad since he doesn't have his best friend to fight with. Erza's been hogging cake all day trying to push away her feelings. Mira and Lisanna have been trying to cheer everyone up with food and drinks. Levy has also been helping me with the research. 

Everyone has changed a little after the war, but I guess it's for the best. I'm gonna try my best Natsu, just you watch.

- Love Lucy

<@@><@@><@@>

Only an Angel of the Stars can save the Fire Demon.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I looked at Levy. She was just as confused as I was.

"I don't know Lulu, but I'll try to do some research on this and let you know," she waved bye and walked out.

I sighed and closed the book, keeping it in the drawer. I guess it's time to go to the guild.

<@@><@@><@@>

"Hey, Lucy!" I turned around to see Mira. "Any progress?" She asked sweetly with a smile.

I smiled back, "Yup, we found this weird writing in the book which might be of some help."

I felt a hand on my shoulder, turns out to be Gray, "That's great! Can't wait to sucker punch flame brain again!" I giggled at Gray's silliness until I saw a certain blue-head glaring at me. Geez, will Juvia ever learn?

It was lunch time so we all sat at the table and Mira and Lisanna were serving us all food. It was a fun time with laughter and jokes, something that we all missed in the past 2 weeks. Fairy Tail decided to spend the whole day at the guild talking and playing since we currently had no guild master. Magnolia was still recovering from the war's destruction and so the magic council didn't bother to look at us, they have their own problems to deal with.

This is the new Fairy Tail, with lesser people but it still knows how to live life. To move on and accept faith, but I'm not gonna accept this so fast. I've chosen this path on my own and I will bring Natsu back . . . no matter the circumstances. I know that one phrase is going to take me to Natsu.

Only an Angel of the Stars can save the Fire Demon.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

Hope you liked this chapter and my holidays just started So I will be updating a little faster compared to other days. let me know in the comments what you think and until we meet again. bye bye!

-Minako <3