Chapter 36 - Time Changed All Except Me

2 YEARS LATER

(LUCY'S POV)

It was a Saturday morning and the sun was on the perfect spot today, right in my face. (-_-)

I jumped out of my bed and into the shower. I wore my pink spaghetti top with short blue jeans and wrapped Natsu's scarf around my neck. It was July's summer but I never leave the scarf. I grab my keys and head out with a hopeful smile on my face.

I finally reach my destination, Mira's café. I was greeted by Lisanna as she had come to take my order, we spoke a little but she had to get to work so I ordered a coffee and she left. I waited for a while, slowly drinking my coffee until I heard a voice call for me, "Lucy!" I turned to see Sting.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," he took the seat in front of me. "It's alright, I'm just glad you could make it."

"Rouge held me up for some stupid guild work," he sighed as I giggled. "I know how stressful it can be."

He looked up to me, "So what's up with you these days?" I flashed a smile. "All is well!" "Is it really?" That one line made me drop my eyes to the ground along with my smile. My eyes fell on the pendant that was still hanging around my neck. Fire and key.

"I've been trying since 2 years now but it's still the same. I just don't know what to do anymore, give up or keep going?" My eyes were a little watery but I held it in.

He kept his hand on mine and looked deep into my eyes, "You know we're always here for you, you can join us anytime. How long are you gonna go around without a guild? How long are you gonna make money by working as a reporter in Sorcerer Weekly? I won't pressurize you but once again, do you wanna join Sabertooth? I promise we'll all treat you like family."

I looked down at my right hand which still had the pink guild mark. This isn't the first time we've had this conversation, "I know you'll treat me like family Sting but no matter how many times you ask me this, my answer will always be the same. And it's not like I'm all alone after Fairy Tail disbanded, I'm still in contact with everyone, I meet Mira almost every day here and most of all I have you. What else could I possibly ask more for?" I gave a soft smile to show that I was okay.

He put on an understanding look and gave my hand a small squeeze, "I'm always gonna be with you, that's what best friends are for."

"Now enough of the emo talk and tell me how's Yukino?" I changed the subject.

"She's fine, just taking care of the future Sabertooth guild master," he proudly smiled. Yes, Sting and Yukino are married and just recently had a baby girl. And in case you were wondering then no, Sting and I are not dating again. We're just best friends.

"Which reminds me, what did you name the little one?" I asked with excitement.

"Eucliffe, Stella Eucliffe," he said in a dramatic tone. "What a pretty name and saying it in James Bond style was totally unnecessary," he chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

*Sak da bulteawora bow wow wow* (comment below if you know where this is from ;)

I reached for my ringing Lacrima, "Hello."

"Hey Lucy, it's Gray. We were wondering if you could crash by our place today. It's been a while since we last met."

"Ummm sure I'm free today. Meet you at 9."

"Cool! See you then, bye!"

"Bye!" I kept the Lacrima down and looked back at Sting. "Who was it?" he asked.