Nicholas Flamel & Winter Time

Emily's POV:
"And the suitor returns!" George shouted. Fred started strutting, swishing his hair. "So, who'd you see?" Lee asked curiously. "Well, uh- Angelina" Fred said smiling. "Yeah?" I asked snappily. "Well - she didn't say that she didn't like me sooo" Fred bragged. "They grow up so fast!" George pretend cried on my shoulder, as I comforted him. Once he had finished his little show I stood up. "I'm gonna go, bye guys" I said, walking off before they could object. I need to get over this stupid crush I have.

"WINTER HOLIDAYS! FINALLY!" I cried, collapsing on the sofa. "Are any of you staying here this year? Our parents decided to go to Romania so we're staying at Hogwarts" George explained. "I'll see if I can stay" Lee said "Yeah - they'll just be talking to Hermione all winter so I might as well stay here" I said with a shrug. "Yay! We can all celebrate together" Fred shouted happily. "Yeah!" We all said in chorus. "Um- Emily can I talk to you quickly?" Harry asked from behind me. "Sure thang H.P" I replied, jumping from my seat and following him to the other side of the common room. "What did you want to know?" I asked. "You know how you knew who Nicholas Flamel was?" He said. "Yeahhhh" I said. "Well, Hermione has basically set us 'homework' for over the Christmas holidays that Ron and I really don't want to do - so could you please tell me what he did?" Harry asked bashfully. "You got a quill ready?" I said laughing. Harry scrambled around grabbing some parchment and a quill. "Ready" he said, quill poised. "Okay - but get ready for an essay. Nicholas Flamel is the only known keeper of a Philosophers Stone, which is used to make the Elixir of Life. The Elixir of Life grants the drinker immortality, as long as the user drinks it every so often. That's how he is 665 years old and his wife is 658 years old. It can bring you 'back to life' even if you're on the brink of death. It's basically a more stable unicorn blood." I finished. "Thank you so much!" Harry said giving me a hug. I laughed and ruffled his already messy hair. "That's ok, but why do you need to know again?" I asked curiously. "Uh- Potions... extra credit!" He stumbled. "Okayyyy... I don't believe you but I'll let it slide" I laughed and left with a wink, returning to my little friendship group, whilst Harry went over to Ron - explaining what just happened - and Rons face was full of relief.

Lee suddenly burst out laughing. "What?" I asked. "I just had a daydream where we bewitched snowballs to follow Quirrel around and smash into his turban" Lee snorted.

And we did just that.