Petrified!?

Emily's POV:
And just like that my world came crashing down.
"Hermione!" Harry and Ron shouted, rushing towards her bedside. I just stood there, as if petrified myself. I should've been a better sister, if I had made a better effort to be there for her she might not be here right now. "She was found by the library with Ravenclaw prefect Penelope Clearwater, alongside this mirror. Does this mean anything to you at all?" McGonagall said, lifting up a mirror that lay on Hermione's bedside table. We all shook our heads. The professor shook her head and excused herself, heading over to the ravenclaw, tapping my shoulder gently as she passed. Time whizzed by and soon the two boys left. I managed to force myself over to sit on the edge of her bed. "Oh H" I sighed tearfully "This is all my fault. If I was a better sister you might've been on your way to the game with us instead of in the corridors. I'm so sorry". My tears dropped onto her sleeves as I held her  hand, cold to the touch - frozen in an uncomfortable pose, as if holding something. It felt like minutes between that moment and when Madam Pomfrey ushered me out of the room, as if time had stopped completely.

"That's 2 Gryffindors down, not counting a Gryffindor ghost, 1 ravenclaw and 1 Hufflepuff." Lee counted off on his fingers. "Yep, awfully biased don't you think" Fred added. "Haven't any of the teachers realised all the Slytherins are safe? Isn't it obvious all of this is coming from Slytherin? The heir of Slytherin. The monster of Slytherin. Why don't they just chuck all the Slytherins out?" Lee shouted, being met with scattered roars of applause from the Gryffindors in the common room. Percy just sat silently on an armchair staring into the fire. George, noticing where I was focusing, turned to talk to me. "Percy's in shock" he said "That Ravenclaw girl - Penelope Clearwater - was a prefect. I don't think Percy thought the monster would dare attack a prefect!". "He's probably wondering ways he can take points from the monster, or sending in a report of bad behaviour" Fred added snickering. In reply I gave a half-hearted laugh before returning to painting my nails, adorning the red base with lion faces. Doing simple things like this helped distract my mind from all the messed up shiz that was going on at Hogwarts. I sniggered to myself when I remembered what I overheard Hagrid saying on my first year. 'No place safer that Hogwarts!'. Ha, yeah right. Well, that was how it seemed in my two years here pre-Potter. But in his first two years he's had a crazy DADA teacher who was actually hosting the Dark Lord on the back of his head for the entire year and now a bloodthirsty monster that's going after every muggleborn in the school.

Thanks Harry.