Path 2

Emily's POV:
"RUN!"
A green flash.

My legs gave way as I saw who was lying on the floor, I collapsed next to him checking for a pulse. Tears clouded my vision as I started checking his face "Don't be dead don't be dead". I frantically felt his chest... There was no heartbeat - nothing. I heard footsteps behind me and my blood ran cold. Instead of running like Fred had told me I refused to leave his side, dead or alive. I slowly turned around, wand extended, only to come face to face with Bellatrix. "Lestrange" I growled menacingly. All I got in reply was a screeching noise, basically screaming. "How dare you raise your wand at me you filthy mudblood!" She screamed, jumping towards me. I started throwing all the jinxes I knew at her, vision compromised by my tears that constantly flowed from my eyes. I froze for a second, seeing George run across the room to help his dad. That's all it took - Bellatrix launching the wand from my hand.
I stood still, tears still cascading down my cheeks. She stopped, confused at my actions. "Go ahead" I said "Let me join him". The deatheater looked shocked and evilly smirked. "Why would I ever give you the easy way out?" She cackled, "CRUCIO" she screamed, before apparating to another part of the castle, leaving my echoing screams behind. As soon as she left I sunk back to the ground, curled up in a ball sobbing my eyes out. They could all kill me for all I care. I gingerly played with the promise ring Fred had given me in our fith year, bringing on another strong tidal wave of emotions.  Suddenly a loud voice rang through the air. I only caught one sentence "Dispose of your dead". Still crying I lifted up Fred's motionless body and his wand (with a little help of magic) but I wanted to hold onto him as long as I could before placing him down. Before I knew it I was outside the doors of the hall, I took a deep breath and walked in. People were covered with sheets everywhere, mourning families and people getting medical attention. In the midst of it I saw the ginger hair of the Weasley prankster who looked pretty tired but hopeful. "Hey Emily! Fred!" George shouted laughing
"Jeez Freddie did you really get her to carry you like a princess the whole way back?" He said. I shook my head, a new wave of tears sliding down my face. "Fred c'mon bud" George nervously laughed "It's not funny anymore". I lowered Fred onto a mat and sat next to him, resting my drenched face on his empty chest.
"No" George whispered hoarsely. A large sob erupted next to me and I pulled George into a hug, both of us crying in eachother's arms.
"Yo, what's with the- oh Fred!" Lee exclaimed, falling down next to me with tears falling down his face. We let him into the hug and sobbed together.

Soon Mrs Weasley and Mr Weasley entered the hall, immediately spotting us, thinking we were laughing

Soon Mrs Weasley and Mr Weasley entered the hall, immediately spotting us, thinking we were laughing. The closer they got the more they realised something was wrong. They both started running towards us, breaking down once they saw Fred lying motionless on the floor.
"No, not my Fred!" Mrs Weasley sobbed onto Mr Wealsey's shoulder. Percy walked in and stared at Fred emotionless. I understood though, he never got to say sorry. I blanked out after that, although I know for a fact I refused to let go of his hand. I heard the rest of the Weasley family crowding around, the heart wrenching sobs of George still continuing. Half an hour had passed and I slowly rose from the ground. "Excuse me" I said, walking towards the exit. No one tried to stop me. I changed my path - walking directly to Draco Malfoy.
"Oi! Pig!" I shouted, causing him to turn around. Without hesitation I punched him in the face. "You're a weak, pathetic maggot! You're the reason he's dead!" I screamed, pointing at him. Malfoy withered under my gaze and to give myself a bigger sense of victory I looked him straight in the eyes and said "Hermione will never love you - heck! Even see you as anything more than a worm. She would never fall for a ferret like you". I walked away from the stuttering Draco without another word. Voldemort was going to PAY.

I didn't care whether I lived or died anymore. He was all I had, after Hermione obliviated our parents... We haven't talked. I wasn't thinking properly when I saw Harry walking down the stairs. "Hey Harry" I mumbled walking up to him. "Hi" he said walking quickly. I walked next to him "Where are you going?" I asked worriedly. "Him" was his only reply. I don't know what came over me but I burst out crying again "Not you as well Harry" I sobbed, giving him a hug. "What do you mean? Is Ginny okay!?" He asked. I nodded, just about saying Freds name. He looked solemn and patted my shoulder. "Good luck" I cried, kissing both of his cheeks. He gave me a nod and carried on walking. I don't know what came over me but I followed him. I followed him through the forbidden forest until he suddenly came to a stop, he pulled out a snitch and kissed it, revealing a familiar looking stone. I silently gasped. It was the ressurection stone he stood still looking at it before he had a conversation with midair before dropping the stone on the floor and carrying on through the forest. Not moving my eyes from where the stone fell I quietly rushed over there and picked up the stone. As soon as I held it in my hands a familiar bush or red hair towered over me. "Fred?" I sobbed, running towards him and leaning in for a hug - falling right through his body. "You're not real are you? I'm going crazy" I sighed. "I am here Em" he said comfortingly "In my ghost form". I heard a shout from the forest. "Em we need to go now!" He shouted urgently. I ran as fast as I could, away from the forest and towards the castle, Fred's ghost close in pursuit. As I ran into the hall I walked over to Fred body and family. I heard a soft gasp next to me "Is that- Is that my body?" He asked softly, almost as if he didn't want to believe it. I nodded sorrowfully. Fred turned to look at me. "Look Em, I'm so sorry for leaving you. Just know that I love you and I will always be looking over you. You'll never be alone, I'll always be creeping in on you!" He teased. I rolled my eyes through my tears. "I love you so much and I want you to know none of this is your fault. It was fate. I wasn't afraid. I didn't feel any pain. Please tell my parents I didn't suffer" Fred said, leaving a ghost like kiss on my lips, "Oh and can I have red roses at my funeral - it'll match my hair" he joked. I shook my head with laughter. "Of course, I love you" I whispered.
I walked off over to Remus and Tonks. I knelt by their bodies, intertwining their hands. "I don't know whether you're looking over me right now, but I just want you to know is that I will make sure Teddy grows up in a loving environment, with a large group of people who keep your memory alive" I said to thin air. Suddenly they appeared next to Fred - I jumped until I realised I was still clutching the stone. "Thank you" they smiled.
"I'll even take him in if it comes to it." I promised. Fred held my hands, picking up the stone - and just like that they disappeared, the stone vanishing with him. I started walking over to the Weasley family again. "HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" A snake-like voice announced with glee. A series of gasps echoed around me. The war was lost, but Fred would have not died in vain. I'd make sure of it. My vision darkened as I clutched my wand tighter, making eye contact with George who was equally enraged.  Then I knew, that his death had a meaning, that this was not the end.
We would not lose hope.