Path 1

Emily's POV:

Time seemed to slow down, every second lasting longer than the next. Without a second thought I jumped infront of Fred, shielding him from the menacing green light that rushed towards us. "NO!" I heard Fred scream. As if in a movie, my vision went completely black and I felt... At peace.

Fred's POV

I was ready to dodge the oncoming spell when I saw a body launch infront of me. "NO!" I screamed as I saw the body of my longtime girlfriend lying infront of my feet. "You!" I shouted enraged. "Petrificus Totalus!" I shouted and with all the energy I could muster I shot it at Bellatrix. Looking surprised, she backed up a bit before continuing with her demonic laughter. She went to hit Tonks from behind but I stupefied her, turning her attention back to me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Professor Flitwick, with help from a now furious Tonks, take down Dolohov just as he was going to kill Lupin. Before she could do any damage to me the voice of the dark lord called back all of his fighters, giving us time to dispose of our dead. Bellatrix sent me a vicious grin before apparating away. As if in a daze, I collapsed next to Emily. "No no no no no no no no no no no" I muttered under my breath before desperately shaking the body, as if expecting her to jump up and say it was a joke. I pulled her into my lap and starting rocking her back and forth, kissing all over her face. "Wake up!" I ordered, but to no avail. She was dead. I wiped the tears from my cheeks as I thought of the engagement ring waiting at home. I had planned to propose when this was all over, when we'd finished this - together. Shaking my head I unsteadily stood up, grabbing both mine and Emily's wands, before making my decent down the stairs to the main hall. I passed many covered and uncovered bodies, and many casualties seeking Madam Pomfrey's medical attention. I carried on walking until I came across a mat and I slowly placed Emily's body down, stroking her hair. I blankly stared at her face. She seemed peaceful, and I could've tricked myself into thinking she was asleep.
"Fred you're alive!" George shouted, wrapping me in a hug.
"really Em, you're so lazy!" Lee laughed, obviously thinking Emily was napping. I shook my head at them.
"Mate - I'm so sorry" George said as I sobbed onto his shoulder.
"Its my fault" I sobbed "she jumped infront of me".
"Em?" Lee whispered unbelieving, softly shaking her arm as if to wake her. Before George could reply Hermione rushed over, sensing something was wrong.
"No!" She screamed.
"Emily?" Ron said shocked. She was like a sister to the rest of the Weasley family, and she always seemed so strong. To see her in her frozen stance was unnatural.
"Oh thank god you're all oka-" Mrs Weasley started, before breaking into a sob when she saw Emily lying limp in my arms.
"Wha-" Mr Weasley started, before comforting his wife. Soon Emily's friends, family and people she saved gathered around her. Somachi let out a cry, hugging Lee who sat staring next to her body with an empty look.

Tonks burst out crying, rushing to Emily's side. "Did she- then you- you both saved me" Tonks cried. I nodded my tear stained face, now refusing to look down at the bodyin my arms.

To distract myself I went over to help Madam Pomfrey with the injured, not being able to look at her lifeless body anymore. As I passed by I saw Izzy lying dead on the floor, Lauren clutching her hand. She didn't know yet.
I let out a sigh and knelt down "Lauren - Em didn't make it" I said shakily, my hand resting on her shoulder. She let out a pained moan and dashed over to her body. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tonks sobbing into Remus' chest, obviously blaming herself for our loss. It wasn't her fault though.
It was mine.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD" boomed a loud voice. "No" gasped Ginny, dashing through the hall's doors to see the truth. Anger coursing through my veins I shakily stood up, following her over to the ugly moldy hag who claimed to be a 'lord'. "Nooo" Ginny screamed, the sight of Harry's limp body in Hagrid's arms causing her to lean on dad for support. "Shut up you silly girl" Voldemort hissed, sending a silencing charm towards her. My eyebrows creased together in frustration. "He's not dead. He can't be dead, not after Emily. Wake up Harry!" I urged under my breath, ignoring Voldy's speech. This wasnt over. Even if I was the last one left. After all, to die will be an awfully big adventure