Chapter 8 | Project We Could Make Out

Today was a good day, so far. Sophia came over to my house and we worked through some things. I had my best friend back. I watched her make a mess of my bed as she greedily ate some popcorn. I laughed at her the way she was eating. She truly was one of a kind.

She looked up at me when she heard my laughter. "So how was the tutor with Enzo?" Sophia inquired curiously, leaning back against my headboard of my bed as she took a handful of popcorn.

I had told her that I had tutored Lorenzo when we walked through everything and she didn't ask any questions about it when I had first told her but I saw how she fought the urge to ask but I guess now she was back to being back to the old Sophia.

I sighed, taking a sip of Fanta from my glass cup that was situated to my left. "It was fine, I guess." I answered, averting my gaze to the now blank TV screen.

She shoved the popcorns into her mouth hungrily. "What do you mean by fine?"

I shrugged my shoulders in response. "It was fine all we did was just study,"

It took us three hours for Lorenzo to finally understand one thing - how the calculator works when doing Trigonometry.

I really was not kidding; he really had no idea how to work on a calculator when it came to trigonometry! It really made me wonder how he made it so far and he was the one to call me stupid...

"Did he you know, try to make a move on you?" Sophia wiggled her eyebrows playfully, lightly bumming her shoulders against mine.

I laughed silently, shaking my head at how ridiculous she was being. "No, he did not make a move," I answered. "But if he had made a move, we would be attending his funeral," I added, chuckling at the end.

"For real?" Sophia breathed amused at what I told her. "So all you two did was study?" Sophia's asked as she took a sip from her Fanta cool drink.

I nodded my head in confirmation, "That's pretty much all we done, but I did get to meet his mother and baby sister," I replied once Sophia had finished her glass of cool drink.

When I mentioned me meeting Lorenzo's sister and mother, Sophia spat the Fanta out of her mouth and onto my blue bed sheets, coughing loudly.

I jumped up from my bed, staring at Sophia in shock as she too stood up from the bed and began to cough hysterically, both hands over her knees as she tried to take in huge amounts of oxygen into her lungs.

"What the fuck Sophia?" I questioned angrily, raising a brow as I crossed my arms over my chest waiting for her to answer my question.

"What's wrong with you?" She questioned, once she recovered from her nearly death experience.

I stared at her dumbfounded. "What's wrong with me?" I pointed to myself. "You are the one who messed my bed," I said pointing at my bed sheets, where a huge okay maybe not huge, but a very visible stain laid.

She shook her head slowly, left to right. "Why would you go to his house?"

I creased my eyebrows in confusion. "I told you, I had to tutor him,"

"But why would you go to his house?!" She demanded angrily.

Was she deaf or was my best friend just plain stupid? "To study," I said emphasizing the word study. What other reasons could there possible be? I would never ever voluntary go over to Lorenzo's house.

"What if someone saw you going into Lorenzo house?" She pointed out, walking around my room in circle, waiting for me to answer her question.

"Soph, you are overreacting it's not a big deal. He needed help and I needed extra credit."